Aquarium light suggestions

tyler2k2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I have a lighting question. I have a 100 gallon tank the outside dimensions are 60”Lx19”Dx21”H. My question is what do I need for lighting to light the entire aquarium. Right now as it sits, I have two 24” openings with aqueon opti bright lights on them, between them is a 12” glass brace. My problem is both the back of the aquarium and the middle of the aquarium don’t get very much light. And I am wanting to make sure that the whole tank is lit as well as improve the appearance of the color of my fish. No it’s not a saltwater tank but this was one of the few places I found that had forums and chat ability to talk to other people.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi , welcome to the reef...:) this is a possible option to run front to back,either one end ,or one on each end... :)

hygger Full Spectrum Aquarium Light with Aluminum Alloy Shell Extendable Brackets, White Blue Red LEDs, External Controller, for Freshwater Fish Tank​

Visit the hygger Store
4.6 out of 5 stars 8,186 ratings

Amazon'sChoicein Aquarium Lights by hygger

Price:$18.99 ($18.99 / Count) Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime & FREE Returns

Get $50 off instantly: Pay $0.00 $18.99 upon approval for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card. No annual fee.

Size: 9W (12-18 inch)
  • 1 Count (Pack of 1)
    $57.99
  • 9W (12-18 inch)
    $18.99
    ($18.99 / Count)
  • 14W (18-24 inch)
    $26.99
  • 16W (24-30 inch)
    $39.99
    ($39.99 / Count)

OP
OP
T

tyler2k2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your budget?
Depends on how good the lighting is. I would like to go with LED lights. And I really don’t need any extras like WiFi capability remote controls and stuff like that. I just want either one or two really good led lights that really being out the contrasts and colors in my tank and fish. When I search I keep seeing the KZKR upgraded led light and was wondering what everyone’s opinion was on them.

OP
OP
T

tyler2k2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also would prefer for the light to be either two or four 30” lights or one or two 60”

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back