Aquarium stand strength

Warrior

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Montreal
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, this is my first question, I’m setting up a 90 gal reef with a40 gal sump. I bought a stand for it but it’s made with 1” square tubing, is this strong enough or should it be 1 1/2” tubing. I appreciate any advice, thanks.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

#WelcometoR2R

Could you give some more details on the stand that you purchased? Maybe post a picture of the stand?
 
Pictures will help, I'm trying to picture a stand with "tubing" but maybe we are misunderstanding?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new