Aquascap

chris17gable

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just wanted to get your guys opinion on my aquascap. Do you think I have to much rock or just don’t have it place right in my tank? I just wanna make sure it will look the best it can be. Let me know! Thanks!

60FB8A56-9162-462D-BE02-24D2DFC22745.jpeg E4111E45-9516-4C08-84F4-962CBFE25E3F.jpeg

OP
OP
chris17gable

chris17gable

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it, especially to two little "islands." I don't think that there is too much rock, but I'm also currently working on my first tank.
Thanks! I thought the set up looked cool. The bottom rock in the middle has a big cave in the center which I thought fish or invertebrates would love. It’s hard to figure out what to do because you want something unique and different for other aquascapes but you don’t want it to take away from viewing fish or corals.

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With rock leaning against the back, you wont be able to clean glass there as magnet cannot get in. That cave is cool, I would just try to make more hiding spaces. I would take that arch down and try to incorporate into one structure. Keep in mind that when corals go in and they grow out, you wont be able to see what your scape looks like, so create scape based on fish and coral needs.

OP
OP
chris17gable

chris17gable

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With rock leaning against the back, you wont be able to clean glass there as magnet cannot get in. That cave is cool, I would just try to make more hiding spaces. I would take that arch down and try to incorporate into one structure. Keep in mind that when corals go in and they grow out, you wont be able to see what your scape looks like, so create scape based on fish and coral needs.
Okay I understand. Do you think that I should take the arch and try laying it on top of the base rock somehow? Then turn the structure and move more to the middle?

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Play around with it until you get something you like. if this is it then leave t be for 2-3 days without looking at it or thinking about it. After few days go back and take a look. Odds are that there will be something you wont like and will want to change. Getting scape that you really like can take week(s) Also, dont be afraid to use epoxy/glue/cement to connect some pieces together that otherwise wouldnt stay connected. You can build some really neat structures that way.

I was going to say, rotate it maybe 90 degrees sot that you can see that cave from front of the tank. If I got it correct, right now it is facing side and not front.

OP
OP
chris17gable

chris17gable

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Play around with it until you get something you like. if this is it then leave t be for 2-3 days without looking at it or thinking about it. After few days go back and take a look. Odds are that there will be something you wont like and will want to change. Getting scape that you really like can take week(s) Also, dont be afraid to use epoxy/glue/cement to connect some pieces together that otherwise wouldnt stay connected. You can build some really neat structures that way.

I was going to say, rotate it maybe 90 degrees sot that you can see that cave from front of the tank. If I got it correct, right now it is facing side and not front.
So I gave it a quick turn and I will say I do like it a lot better already. What do you think? Do I maybe try to push the arches back a little ways yet?
Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it!

image.jpg image.jpg

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full disclosure, I am not a fan of arches in general lol. Maybe I am not the best person to give you feedback on those. That cave looks a lot better as you can now see inside it, which is cool.

OP
OP
chris17gable

chris17gable

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full disclosure, I am not a fan of arches in general lol. Maybe I am not the best person to give you feedback on those. That cave looks a lot better as you can now see inside it, which is cool.
Haha I totally understand! I’ll play around with it a little more and see what I can come up with! I’ll definitely post updates if I change!m anything else!

gary henkel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
arches provide a place for more timid fish to hide in plain site where you can still see them and enjoy them. one other option you have instead of an arch is creat an overhand connected at only one end. you will need to make sure you have a very good cement or thick super glue connection and support the free end for a day or two while drying but they can be quite dramatic. you may need to flatten an end to get better contact, and maybe even use a dowel to connect them.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 68 41.7%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 13.5%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.1%
Back