Aquascape 120g thoughts?

Selyk

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2020
Messages
20
Reaction score
7
Location
brantford
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone just looking for some feedback on this aquascape any help is greatly appreciated

79323620-ECA4-4965-841B-80257F2F01C3.jpeg
 
Is this set up to be 48” wide? I’m just thinking you’re going to want more space, like split the rocks out so you have 2 or 3 islands
 
Is this set up to be 48” wide? I’m just thinking you’re going to want more space, like split the rocks out so you have 2 or 3 islands

The width is 60”
 
I would take a hammer and chisel to that rock and hope and pray I got some interesting pieces. Like a shelf piece or something.

Is that man made rock? Looks off to me.
 
A little better but still a bit off. Google the “rule of thirds” and consider trying to incorporate that. You have a lot of very large pieces. I would consider breaking some up as another poster has suggested.
 
greetings neighbor.
1. over all tank dimensions.
2. pic of tank
3. what will you be keeping... fish only (types of), corals (types of)

get a build thread going.
welcome to the show.
:cool:
 
I like it a lot better, especially the structure on the left. Consider where you will mount corals. The left structure has a lot of shelves and places to mount. The big round rock on top of the right structure might be problematic but the picture might just not be showing the rock’s shape very well.
 
Made some more changes to rock on the right

55DFAEBB-1591-4222-A2F2-F4957B71CDFC.jpeg 48A16C5D-FC73-4595-A773-B8CF4A8CEDC4.jpeg 55DFFF46-E506-4681-823C-1EE5585C74DA.jpeg

Looks great! I’m a student of aquascape theory at this point. But that does look the best so far. One thing I’ve thought about while planning my build is what corals am I planning on keeping? In my case I want a true mixed reef with sps, lps, and some softies. So I’m thinking three levels so to speak.
 
Made some more changes to rock on the right

55DFAEBB-1591-4222-A2F2-F4957B71CDFC.jpeg 48A16C5D-FC73-4595-A773-B8CF4A8CEDC4.jpeg 55DFFF46-E506-4681-823C-1EE5585C74DA.jpeg
I think you're 9/10 of the way there. I would remove the top rocks on the right hand side - those look odd to me. And I think having that pointy rock as your peak would look cooler. Overall looks great though.

Then you could maybe just take that rock and place it randomly in the sand as you see fit. In my experience, you're definitely going to want a random rock in your sand bed for GSP or a single colony of zoas or something you don't want other stuff intruding on (or keeping it contained in the GSPs case).
 
at a loss as how you all can critique a scape with out knowing overall tank dims, what type of setup fish only, reef, mixed reef. it's a mystery.
 
120g 60”x24x26 going to be mixed reef tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new