Aquascape during Fallow !

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
So I’m running 45 day fallow and I’m taking the time to re do my aquascape. I think I want to do the PVC rod and cement. If I was to pull it out of the water to do this, correct me if im wrong, the live rock would die ?

OP
OP
jmichaelh7

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Yep, unless you do in a large bin filled with saltwater (and ideally a heater and powerhead to circulate).
Well I crushed some live rock and now the rock that was crushed has white rock so it’s pretty much like cycling all over again??

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, depending on how much you crushed it it may no longer be viable. You still have some beneficial bacteria in the tank and substrate, so if you use something like Bio-Spira you should be able to boost it without having to cycle it all over again.

OP
OP
jmichaelh7

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Yeah, depending on how much you crushed it it may no longer be viable. You still have some beneficial bacteria in the tank and substrate, so if you use something like Bio-Spira you should be able to boost it without having to cycle it all over again.
I gave up pretty much all my rock will be like cycling my tank again. What’s left of inverts and corals will be wiped

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back