Aquascape thoughts?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live an hour from Tampa Bay saltwater. I'll look into that.
Now your cooking with gasoline and no shipping costs. Do a thread search here and see the benefits of live rock versus starting with dead rock and you will realize how beneficial live ocean rock is especially for new set ups.

Last edited:

PizzaIan339

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my new aquascape for my new IM 75 EXT. Took me about 4hrs to build. I have a few more pieces to add as islands in the front. What do you think? Tomorrow I add sand and water. Cycle starts.

20230818_163815.jpg
I love the scape I would just add a few more hiding spots for the fish and shrimp! other than that it looks absolutely amazing.

OP
OP
Srfnhooker

Srfnhooker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the scape I would just add a few more hiding spots for the fish and shrimp! other than that it looks absolutely amazing.
Thanks pizzalan. I have a few more pieces of reef saver rock I picked up from LFS. Plan is to break it up and build a few more spots for cover. I was trying to create more of an NSA aquascape but so many have commented on hiding spaces I'm going to have to add more.

PizzaIan339

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks pizzalan. I have a few more pieces of reef saver rock I picked up from LFS. Plan is to break it up and build a few more spots for cover. I was trying to create more of an NSA aquascape but so many have commented on hiding spaces I'm going to have to add more.
That sounds good and you can just add a few islands with caves and it will still be nsa. Bull reef supply has a video about it if you want to check it out.

OP
OP
Srfnhooker

Srfnhooker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds good and you can just add a few islands with caves and it will still be nsa. Bull reef supply has a video about it if you want to check it out.
Yeah I've seen em all I think. Getting all equipment together and tank over a period of 4 to 6 months I inundated myself with brs tv and R2R. Also quite a bit of Tidal Gardens videos. I had a SW tank about 8 yrs ago so I'm just getting back into it. A lot has changed. Going to pick a couple clowns Saturday as the first residents.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back