Aquascape with STAX think dimensionally!

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been thinking about this type of scape since i saw people using greatstuff and eggcrate. my one unknown fear was the silicone not adhering to the rock once completely saturated. have you experienced this or is there enough "bite" because of the rocks porousness? i love this look and proof of concept. thanks in advance for any help or advice

Using silicone wasn’t an issue at all. The STAX Rocks have lots of holes and are porous. Everything that is siliconed is still holding strong .

txrdnk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for the answer, was hoping this was the case. i plan on doing the back wall with marco foundation rock, flat one side and natural on top. thought i would insert some shelf and pin them in place with rocks above and below. i also plan on securing with emarco cement. i will steal your idea of adding reef flakes to any wet glue. cudos on the courage to do this, i have been brainstorming this for some time, it will keep you up at night thinking of "what if's". and now im close to building a house around a reef tank and fish room, i could not have found your build profile at a better time. thank you again
for sharing your success

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for the answer, was hoping this was the case. i plan on doing the back wall with marco foundation rock, flat one side and natural on top. thought i would insert some shelf and pin them in place with rocks above and below. i also plan on securing with emarco cement. i will steal your idea of adding reef flakes to any wet glue. cudos on the courage to do this, i have been brainstorming this for some time, it will keep you up at night thinking of "what if's". and now im close to building a house around a reef tank and fish room, i could not have found your build profile at a better time. thank you again
for sharing your success

You’re very welcome! Go for it , it will come out great!!

Back