Aquascape

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I replied to the request to send pictures of my aquascape for suggestions I have yet to see a reply?

OP
OP
Freenow54

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There aren’t any pictures here, did you post them on another thread?
No I will try again These are not current but we are just talking structure. I am interested on how to do my next tank that will be starting soon. I intend to do minimalist approach , but now worried about a post that coral need nutrients from rock as well. The idea is not as much rock . Which I intend to make. As well as maybe 5 small schooling fish with more of a coral approach . However any suggestions on this 2 year established tank now welcome. Lost two clowns from jumping, now going to add a watchman goby, and a starry blenny along with a diamond goby. If room one more " show " fish. Thanks
20210320_134847.jpg
20220302_14090ugly.jpg
20220302_140846ugly 2.jpg
IMGP0987.JPG
IMGP0984.JPG
IMGP1032.JPG
IMGP1087 (1).JPG

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dont need alot of rock. For coral. It can be as open as you want. You can see my build thread in signature. In my initial post you will see a video from reef builders. It will help give you an idea.

OP
OP
Freenow54

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plenty of swim throughs for water flow to decrease dead spots and plenty of horizontal surfaces for coral placement, well done.
Thanks so what do you think about my future idea. That is important to me. The pictures you see are epoxied together and my Tang loves it . I will never Epoxy rocks or pin then together again. I tried to leave enough space at the back, but still wish I had left more

OP
OP
Freenow54

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dont need alot of rock. For coral. It can be as open as you want. You can see my build thread in signature. In my initial post you will see a video from reef builders. It will help give you an idea.
Yes that is where I got the idea. Just Beauty. What do you mean in signature? Need to know that

OP
OP
Freenow54

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing. Cleaned my tank the other day and my power heads have a habit of not starting againg. I have to take them out and tap them to get them turning. I was lazy and did not pay attention to the flow direction. It was directly at one of the rocks, In a couple of days It was covered in algae. Nothing wanted to stay on the rock to eat it. Changed the direction 2 days ago now rock covered in bristle worms and starfish. Almost clean again

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So below each post people can have a siggnature. Can be ling to build thread, sayings, gifs, etc. This is automatically added to each post. Im adding image eith where you will see peoples signature area.
1000003305.jpg

OP
OP
Freenow54

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So below each post people can have a siggnature. Can be ling to build thread, sayings, gifs, etc. This is automatically added to each post. Im adding image eith where you will see peoples signature area.
1000003305.jpg
Ok thanks I'm not totally up on everything new. How do I add that to my posts?

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so what do you think about my future idea. That is important to me. The pictures you see are epoxied together and my Tang loves it . I will never Epoxy rocks or pin then together again. I tried to leave enough space at the back, but still wish I had left more
I look forward to seeing your idea for a minimalist approach.

OP
OP
Freenow54

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the video from Reef Builders about 5 rocks max small schooling fish. Lots of coral. Have a 65 to convert from fresh to salt no room for a sump Intend to use Fluval canister filters
Sorry don't know how to provide link. Serene 'Softscape ' Reef Aquarium by Aquarium Design Group

Attachments

• 81OblerMWFL._SY466_.jpg
    81OblerMWFL._SY466_.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
Freenow54

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%

Back