Aquascaping Input?

mapn4reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some thoughts/input on what I have going here. While waiting for some equipment for a new build, I've been messing with the aquascaping dry run. The cardboard is the footprint 48x28 and the tape is reference for the 20" height, water will be at "18"...

I've got a mixture of Marco, BRS Eco, BRS Pukani here...I want to use all the pukani you see in the photo, the other stuff are really nice pieces too, I culled a fair amount.

Initially I was thing 2 islands, with one being larger, then maybe a third small one jutting out toward the center... But I got carried away I think with the cave/bridge approach... I've feel in love I guess with all the rock in the photo and I have detachment issues...help, I need therapy. :dribble:

IMG_2800.jpg
IMG_2794.jpg
IMG_2801.jpg
IMG_2792.jpg

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it...I am scaping my new 120 right now and have been playing with it for the last few days. It is really hard to see all the good mounting spots that the pukani rock has in pic's, I bet it looks killer in person. How do you like the pukanirock? I love the way it stacks and how light it is. Good luck with the scape I look forward to seeing what it looks like in the tank... Here is a pic of mine...not final still just playing around to see what I can come up with.

IMG_8170.jpg

IMG_7968jpgCCCC.jpg

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John let it go! It's some real nice rock, but I think it looks cluttered. Go with the original 2 islands that I saw, seperate it a little more, but try to keep that bridge.

OP
OP
M

mapn4reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the BRS Pukani the best, super light, great look...however I got a couple "solid" form pieces I wasn't pleased about. I noted the size of footballs, not look like footballs, LOL. The BRS Eco rock is better than the Marco rock I got overall.

Yeah, Chris, I think I will make one island out of the Pukani, and the other (smaller) out of a mix of all three...I think getting it in the tank will tell the tale...

OP
OP
M

mapn4reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefer831, I like your 2 island look the best, however I would go for a more "irregular" look opposed to two mound type structures. I've found that two different sized islands, irregular shape, with maybe a 3rd smaller structure coming off one of the islands might be a good look...

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the 4th photo .. I just did some of my scaping last night but I needa put more space between my 2 islands. This is also just temp while the rest of my rock cures

071411202842.jpg

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think it's looking good :) i'm about to venture into my scape as well. i went with all marco rock and some shelf rock from brs. i think it's all about they way you like it and also keeping in mind flow. besides that , have fun with it

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 29 33.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back