Aquascaping

love the look.
i'd go higher.
add another shelf.
I feel the shelf on the left is almost too high. I see people constantly build rock to near the top of the tank. Corals grow, 4-8 inches of clearance seems like you would have a hotspot very few corals could grow in. Most sps need 250-350 par, mid tank should be fine for most if not all. Give corals room to grow !
 
Finished this yesterday, took forever for the tank to clear after adding the sand. Pictures do not do any justice here, they fail to capture the dimensions and depth (Front to back ) of the tank.
Hi yours looks more realistic reef environment.
I think I will add a lower central piece and see what that looks like.

thanks for all the feedback
 
I feel the shelf on the left is almost too high. I see people constantly build rock to near the top of the tank. Corals grow, 4-8 inches of clearance seems like you would have a hotspot very few corals could grow in. Most sps need 250-350 par, mid tank should be fine for most if not all. Give corals room to grow !
all in what you want to achieve with your scape.
i think wave makers, overflows and returns showing takes away from the view.

there are a lot of things that do well high up, encrusting corals, blastos, some zoas and palys, nems.

122620.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new