Aquascaping...

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, this weekend I watched the BRS video presentation from R-A-P regarding micro-biome in our home systems. This in turn led me to another video that I found quite intriguing.

I am sure most of us have seen the old video on how to build an NSA scape. It looks very visually stunning to us, but what Ryan admits in this new video is that his fish hated it!!

The new video is focused on what he terms, HNSA "Habitat Negative Space Aquascape" In simplest terms, a NSA that is designed for the FISH, not the human!

One thing he creates that I actually really find appealing is what looks to me to be a starfish on tiptoe. Basically a 5-armed piece that stands up to create a cave below. Simple to make, and what I really like is that if you make several of them, you can interlock them easily to create that negative space look but still provide a habitat for the fish.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, this weekend I watched the BRS video presentation from R-A-P regarding micro-biome in our home systems. This in turn led me to another video that I found quite intriguing.

I am sure most of us have seen the old video on how to build an NSA scape. It looks very visually stunning to us, but what Ryan admits in this new video is that his fish hated it!!

The new video is focused on what he terms, HNSA "Habitat Negative Space Aquascape" In simplest terms, a NSA that is designed for the FISH, not the human!

One thing he creates that I actually really find appealing is what looks to me to be a starfish on tiptoe. Basically a 5-armed piece that stands up to create a cave below. Simple to make, and what I really like is that if you make several of them, you can interlock them easily to create that negative space look but still provide a habitat for the fish.
Where as I was handed a few large rocks and didn’t get to make my aquascape and I wish I would’ve/planned better lesson learned…next time! But I do know my fish love it and everyone has their little spot they made home.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where as I was handed a few large rocks and didn’t get to make my aquascape and I wish I would’ve/planned better lesson learned…next time! But I do know my fish love it and everyone has their little spot they made home.
If every fish can literally disappear at night, then you're laughing! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back