Aquastik Epoxy

izzyishh

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2015
Messages
542
Reaction score
385
Location
Dallas TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So who has used Aquasik epoxy/putty? Has anyone used this long term months to years with out anything falling apart? I just finished creating my aqua-scape with dry rock and this stuff holds amazingly! I also put tons of Extra thick supper glue from BRS in any crack/crevasse to make sure nothing falls.
 
Been using for 7 years and I've never had it fail. Just be sure to mix it thoroughly or it won't harden completely.
 
Been using for 7 years and I've never had it fail. Just be sure to mix it thoroughly or it won't harden completely.

Yeah i made sure to mix it right plus I did it dry and everything has been sitting on my table for about a week now rock solid! And i reinforced it with supper glue. Thanks for the input i have no worries now since you said 7 years.
 
I haven't used it for aqua-scaping, but I have for securing frags to the rocks. I got fed up of using a lot of glue to secure the frags to the rock and then having it come loose anyway if I bump it by accident. Now I make a sandwich with the putty and glue ( frag, glue, putty, glue) and it's super strong. The putty molds to the rock and the glue has more area to bond to.
 
I haven't used it for aqua-scaping, but I have for securing frags to the rocks. I got fed up of using a lot of glue to secure the frags to the rock and then having it come loose anyway if I bump it by accident. Now I make a sandwich with the putty and glue ( frag, glue, putty, glue) and it's super strong. The putty molds to the rock and the glue has more area to bond to.

Yeah heard its great for attaching plugs/coral to rock so i will be doing that as well!
 
I've always had to use super glue as well. It worked well covering up some gsp. It caused my skimmer to foam like crazy.
 
Only reason i used the supper glue was because i made a scape that was a bit sketchy haha and dont want it to fall one night 3 years down the road. I made sure all my rock balanced and held without any glue/epoxy 1st just gravity. Then added tons of Aquastik and supper glue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new