Aquatic art in action! Do you keep Anthias?

Do you keep Anthias?

• I currently keep Anthias in my tank.

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • I have kept Anthias in the past.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I have not kept Anthias, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • I have no plans to keep Anthias.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aquatic art in action! Do you keep Anthias?

There are many species of Anthias fish with common aquarium examples being the Lyretail, Bimac, Blotched, and Square Anthias. These colorful community fish can be kept in groups often with a male and several females and have been found to be impacted by environmental stress such as changes in water parameters. Of course, all species may have their own specific requirements, so it is always a good idea to research the fish that you have or are thinking about adding to your tank. Additionally, it is helpful to provide both plenty of swimming space as well as caves and other hiding places. What is your experience – do you keep Anthias? Please let us know about your experiences with these fish and share any helpful tips!

ReefExclusive_Anthias.jpeg

Photo by @REEF EXCLUSIVE

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.tidalgardens.com

TidalGardensBanner1.jpeg

“The goal of Tidal Gardens is to offer the highest quality corals to those seeking a piece of that world without destroying it. We hope to instill a deep appreciation for the natural reefs and help develop a self-sustaining hobby that no longer requires the collection of fish and corals.”

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 tricolors. They have been pretty nice fish so far. They school with my chromis and provide a little more color and action. They're tireless and feeding them more often is a good thing to do. And the more coral you have, the better off they do since they love to hide in the coral heads when startled. This behavior ironically doesnt become apparent until there are more corals in your tank for them to hide in.

I started with 5, but you almost always get one that acts up AFTER you get it home and once they start looking bad, they're usually a goner. I plan to add more in the future since now I have more than double the coral and I really like them. I may try another species though.

I feed them pellets, mysis and frozen zooplankton. The frozen zooplankton is probably where they get most of their nutrition from. They go crazy when I feed the tank reef roids or reef chili too.
1710061288095.jpeg

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone confirm this anthia please. It was sold as a lyretail but i now highly doubt that. Someone told me it might be a dispar. Is there any other opinions?

Attachments

• 30984D5F-5DF1-41F5-A2FD-61627EF30B2C.png
    30984D5F-5DF1-41F5-A2FD-61627EF30B2C.png
    442.6 KB · Views: 5

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back