Aquatic Critter

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Want to get a little advice from everyone. Tomorrow the wife and I are going to Opry Mills. I have convinced her we should navigate over to the Aquatic Critter! Big deal for me as I live in Cookeville and my lfs has one tiny tiny tank for corals. So how would you all rate the livestock you have purchased there? I am really needing some hermits and snails but my lfs wants $3 for a tiny hermit and $2.50 for tiny snails. Do you all know if there prices are better? Also, is there any other stores you would recommend? Thanks everyone!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't say what they sell the hermits for, but they have some nice things, and its definitely worth checking out. They have some acans and monti frags right now, along with their normal stock. Sundays are usually not high stock days, since they get there stuff in on Tuesdays, and then after Saturdays they are kinda cleaned out. But I would still go, since you are in town.

Saltlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they are a pretty good place to go. Everyone in there seems to want to help you.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't say what they sell the hermits for, but they have some nice things, and its definitely worth checking out. They have some acans and monti frags right now, along with their normal stock. Sundays are usually not high stock days, since they get there stuff in on Tuesdays, and then after Saturdays they are kinda cleaned out. But I would still go, since you are in town.

Something tells me they will still have more than my lfs who has only had two corals in the past 2.5 weeks. Now down to one because the acro frag they had died. Lol I am used to slim pickings.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have a small $20 frag tank with like 50+ pieces in it. That's just one small tank. So yea id say ud probly enjoy going lol. Wed morning is the best time to go for fish and coral shopping.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have a small $20 frag tank with like 50+ pieces in it. That's just one small tank. So yea id say ud probly enjoy going lol. Wed morning is the best time to go for fish and coral shopping.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Good to know! Now I know when to plan my wifes shopping trips lol.

fireman23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey rhino i am from cookeville also. Aquatic is a good store. Not to bad a drive from cookeville. Are you needing an overflow box?. I have one i use to use on my old 75 before i upgraded.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 150 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back