Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the follow up! The first picture didn't do the arms justice... they're actually mounted to the stand, not the glass. A little easier to see in this photo, through the back glass.

arms.jpg

The second part of your statement is what gives me hesitation. I purchased the extended arms from Kessil, so my lights are centered over the 3o inch width, but I was not sure how that would effect the hanging weight limit.

What are the overall dimensions of the 24 inch model?

Did you end up hanging this with existing mounts?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Dave Fyi I metered the Kessil last night 0-10 on two channels, If one was to use white on a channel and blues on a channel/ballast you could replicate and use there controller...If the ballast sourced the 0-10v signal and you use a std stereo jack, that would still allow apex users full control

I'm going to test, hopefully this week. I have not been successful with controlling the HEP dimmable ballast with the Kessil controller in the past. Need to check my wiring to make sure.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Did anyone comment to this or have any idea if this would work?

Since most arms attach to the back of the glass we are concerned placing the fixtures weight on the arm and potentially cracking a panel. So we only recommend arms that are mounted to stands or to the wall. Just to prevent any possible damage.

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you end up hanging this with existing mounts?

My available budget right now is going towards getting an IM lagoon 25 up and running.

My next major purchase for the 93 cube however will be the 24 inch hybrid. I'll provide and update once I do however I foresee it being a couple months.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even the 2 foot model I would not trust on the glass. What if you bump into it, etc? I've already bumped into mine a couple of times, would hate to hear crack and all that work, time and money you've put in goes out the window.

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since most arms attach to the back of the glass we are concerned placing the fixtures weight on the arm and potentially cracking a panel. So we only recommend arms that are mounted to stands or to the wall. Just to prevent any possible damage.

If you were going to use arms, which do you guys prefer.

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone suggest or advise on changing their current led schedule or intensity when supplementing with 4 new T5? I’m pretty sure most of the bulbs I get will be non-white

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start off with like an hour a day on the T5's. Depending on what LED your'e supplementing and how high off the water line / how deep the tank / corals, you could lower the intensity of the LED's in conjunction as well.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my fixture in today!! Gotta go out and get some bulbs. Which ones do you guys recommend?

I run ATI bulbs. back to front Blue+, actinic, Blue+, actinic. I may swap out the actinics for coral+ bulbs at some point.

This is from the ATI website on -

16K – 20K – Bluish white with a noticeable blue and red under-tone
3 ATI Blue Plus
1 ATI Purple Plus

12K – 16K – Cool white with a noticeable blue and red under-tone
2 ATI Blue Plus
2 ATI Coral Plus

10K – 14K – Crisp white with just a hint of blue
2 ATI Blue Plus
1 ATI Aquablue Special
1 ATI Purple Plus

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS do not carry the ATI bulbs. Bummer. Guess I’ll be ordering online. Anyone know of the cheapest place to get them from?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run ATI bulbs. back to front Blue+, actinic, Blue+, actinic. I may swap out the actinics for coral+ bulbs at some point.

If i was supplementing with good leds I don’t know that I would add any additional white spectrum
I have to agree with Travis, I pulled my coral plus for blue plus, I am running what Pelphrey runs and with just B+ is still a little white for my likes.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 63 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 51 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back