Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sheriff1935

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you configure the radions in either width or length wise and space the led fixtures wherever on the unit you want them to be (I’m asking because I have 3 radions and the 61” fixture has 4 slots)
Thanks

cloggins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you configure the radions in either width or length wise and space the led fixtures wherever on the unit you want them to be (I’m asking because I have 3 radions and the 61” fixture has 4 slots)
Thanks

Yes, it's possible to space the LEDs as you want. The kit has very small screws used to secure the braces.

SupraSaltyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaticLifeProducts Hey Dave, Just installed my 36" fixture with the Kessil AP700 and also using the Kessil A series tank mounts. It looks great over my Reefer 250, but I personally like the length to have a low profile look. I've shortened the suspension hardware as much as I can, but it's still too long. I've come to the conclusion the metal wire which connects the T-rail is too long. I could modify and cut the metal wire and solder the ends, but wanted to see if you guys sell that metal wire in a shorter length.

Please advise. Thanks!

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have the wider brackets now. They can make the fixture 23.25" and allow the AI and Ecotech to be rotated 90° to the T5.

I will have the 360X specific brackets soon!! Well, 30 days give or take.

Will the 360x brackets in the future replace the 360we brackets that are currently included with the T5 hybrid or will the 360x brackets have to be ordered separately for the forseeable future. I am asking because I am going to run a 3 360x setup on the 48" when it comes out. Either way I am going to get them but it does seem at some point the 360x will overtake the 360we and it would make more sense to have the older bracket as the one to purchase separately and include the new 360x bracket. Thank you Dave. I love my 24" hybrid and I am looking forward to the next generation hybrid lights. Can't wait!

Brian in TX

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Will the 360x brackets in the future replace the 360we brackets that are currently included with the T5 hybrid or will the 360x brackets have to be ordered separately for the forseeable future. I am asking because I am going to run a 3 360x setup on the 48" when it comes out. Either way I am going to get them but it does seem at some point the 360x will overtake the 360we and it would make more sense to have the older bracket as the one to purchase separately and include the new 360x bracket. Thank you Dave. I love my 24" hybrid and I am looking forward to the next generation hybrid lights. Can't wait!

Brian in TX

We were hoping the 360X was going to replace them but it seems that both will be sold. So let us know what you think of this idea.

New item number for the black Hybrids, remove the Kesssil brackets completely and add the decorative covers instead. Just like the white version. Then the customer can order the additional brackets for either of the Kessil. This way everyone can use the covers and add the brackets that they would need separately. The universal LED brackets would still be included. Just not the round brackets for the 360W or 360X.

Glad you like the fixture. I hope to have some details (photos) of the dimmable fixture soon.

Let me know.

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only problem I see with that is that the decorative brackets come in different sizes just like the brackets do. I had to order 16" for my 24" hybrid because the tank is only 16" wide for the display because of the AIO area. Same thing when I get the new fixture for my 48" tank I will have to order 24" wide because the standard width they come in now is 18". So the decorative end caps seem like they are better as an option (just my opinion) since the end brackets are functional already. Make me pay to hide my cords. The lights big selling point is that it is fairly cheap and we can use our existing leds. Like I said, I'm going to buy it no matter how you configure it for sale but it seems that having options that we (the consumer) pay for by our choosing is the better way to go. I don't mind paying for 3 kessil 360x brackets and a 24" end bracket if the price was cheap enough for the fixture. In the end I didn't have to pay a higher price for the light because of decorative end covers that I can't use and/or led brackets I can't use. Thanks again Dave for making yourself available for all of our input. It is a rarity in todays world. It is much appreciated. Others may chime in here with a completely different opinion. That is a good thing.

Brian in TX

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
The only problem I see with that is that the decorative brackets come in different sizes just like the brackets do. I had to order 16" for my 24" hybrid because the tank is only 16" wide for the display because of the AIO area. Same thing when I get the new fixture for my 48" tank I will have to order 24" wide because the standard width they come in now is 18". So the decorative end caps seem like they are better as an option (just my opinion) since the end brackets are functional already. Make me pay to hide my cords. The lights big selling point is that it is fairly cheap and we can use our existing leds. Like I said, I'm going to buy it no matter how you configure it for sale but it seems that having options that we (the consumer) pay for by our choosing is the better way to go. I don't mind paying for 3 kessil 360x brackets and a 24" end bracket if the price was cheap enough for the fixture. In the end I didn't have to pay a higher price for the light because of decorative end covers that I can't use and/or led brackets I can't use. Thanks again Dave for making yourself available for all of our input. It is a rarity in todays world. It is much appreciated. Others may chime in here with a completely different opinion. That is a good thing.

Brian in TX

Thank you!!!

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaticLifeProducts Hey Dave, Just installed my 36" fixture with the Kessil AP700 and also using the Kessil A series tank mounts. It looks great over my Reefer 250, but I personally like the length to have a low profile look. I've shortened the suspension hardware as much as I can, but it's still too long. I've come to the conclusion the metal wire which connects the T-rail is too long. I could modify and cut the metal wire and solder the ends, but wanted to see if you guys sell that metal wire in a shorter length.

Please advise. Thanks!

Would you mind sharing some photos using the Kessil tank mounts. I've been going back and forth on this solution for months trying to decide to upgrade my lighting. I would have two separte 360's instead of a 700 but I think it would be similar. Thanks!

asdf.jpg

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Brian in TX

I agree with Brian. I’d sell the base fixture and then have customers add on the accessories they’d like. Maybe at a small discount when buying the fixture as a package deal.

For instance I’ll be getting your 24” fixture to fit on my 30x30 cube with 2 360x brackets. Then I could add on the hanging brackets or decorative end caps if I feel like that is necessary.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1

Please advise. Thanks!

Sorry, can't find that I answered you. I do have some shorter wires with one end sealed if you would like but I also have some longer T screws that might help too. Let me know.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Thanks

If you want to change them to perpendicular to the T5 you would want to go with the 24" wide hardware accessories. The standard 18" width will only allow running them parallel.

SupraSaltyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, can't find that I answered you. I do have some shorter wires with one end sealed if you would like but I also have some longer T screws that might help too. Let me know.

Dave, Great customer service! I would definitely appreciate the extra mounting hardware. I'll send you a PM.

Here's what I had to do to ghetto rig the wires so it would be shorter so I could get the 8" height off the water using the Kessil A series mounts. I would love to see a mount that bolts directly to your fixture since I'm not able to hang the fixture from my ceiling.

af74b5a7fd2d689080607824a3692070.jpg

6365ede254228ace9e3bcf43af42a5b5.jpg

SupraSaltyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you mind sharing some photos using the Kessil tank mounts. I've been going back and forth on this solution for months trying to decide to upgrade my lighting. I would have two separte 360's instead of a 700 but I think it would be similar. Thanks!

asdf.jpg

Just posted pics above! Hope it helps you out.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Dave, Great customer service! I would definitely appreciate the extra mounting hardware. I'll send you a PM.

Here's what I had to do to ghetto rig the wires so it would be shorter so I could get the 8" height off the water using the Kessil A series mounts. I would love to see a mount that bolts directly to your fixture since I'm not able to hang the fixture from my ceiling.

Perfect. I will get them out to you.

As for a direct mount, I have something in the works..... cant show pictures yet. Question, how far off the wall is you aquarium? Is mounting a fixture support to the wall an option?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Was this ever answered by anyone? Thinking this would be more applicable if / when a 6 bulb fixture is released, as center LED fixtures would likely not be used with the RB's.

I believe someone used our old leg anchors that fit in the extrusion and mounted them that way. I have the legs anchors if anyone wants a few. Just PM me.

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK thanks - I'll keep that in mind. Just wondering and trying to find an image or comment somewhere. I am highly contemplating changing up my setup from the 61 to a 48 when the new dimmable releases and add ref brites on the interior if possible.

Silentreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont know if some one mentioned this but the a360x fits on the radion mount just the k link is covered so if aquatic life could modify this mount in a way to fit the a360x with out covering the k link they wouldn't have to make another mount for the a360x

ReefyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered this fixture from BRS a few days ago (arrives tomorrow) but I’m just now reading through this thread and I see there is supposed to be a dimmable version coming out soon?!

Will there be an option to ‘upgrade’ the current units when the dimmable units come out? I’m wondering if I should just return the fixture for now and wait on the new unit. Is it still on track to be released this quarter?

BluTang85

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just ordered this fixture from BRS a few days ago (arrives tomorrow) but I’m just now reading through this thread and I see there is supposed to be a dimmable version coming out soon?!

Will there be an option to ‘upgrade’ the current units when the dimmable units come out? I’m wondering if I should just return the fixture for now and wait on the new unit. Is it still on track to be released this quarter?
God I hope so, I just got mine and wished I could control the brightness of the T5

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back