Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO the best way for a manufacturer to do the 0-10v is a female stereo jack, either on a ~6 foot lead, or flush mount.

In terms of the overall retro fit, that's a hard one as obviously it is going to have to require some degree of modification to the aluminum profiles to at minimum support the voltage input, and the extra wiring. If going that far I suspect many would also like to go with a single power cord as well, which is another mod on it's own. What are others thinking of in terms of wiring that's going to have to go between the fixtures? I know my thoughts, but that's a rather extensive mod and basically re-doing the fixture wiring from scratch.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Yes I agree. What I think we could do use the 3.5mm Stereo jacks and have one fixture wired to one pair and the other to the other pair and have them connect into a single connector to the Apex dual 0 - 10V port, this way both banks of lights could be controlled individually with power cord and 0 - 10V control.

Thank you.

BluTang85

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Keep those brains grindin, I just bought this fixture a month ago i would be pretty bummed to not get some sort of upgraded kit to the dimmable version.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So one ballast will handle the two outer lamps and the other ballast will handle the two inner lamps.
;)

Yes I agree. What I think we could do use the 3.5mm Stereo jacks and have one fixture wired to one pair and the other to the other pair and have them connect into a single connector to the Apex dual 0 - 10V port, this way both banks of lights could be controlled individually with power cord and 0 - 10V control. Thank you.
Have you tested this? Im curious if the ballast will source 10V from the other ballast or if you will tie both Commons together, Stereo cable is a 3 wire/2 channels + shared common.

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my Aquatic life fixture and love it--- May not have used it the way it was intended but for me its exactly what i needed!
e3f924b9d607e8431e0c442263606155.jpg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my Aquatic life fixture and love it--- May not have used it the way it was intended but for me its exactly what i needed!
e3f924b9d607e8431e0c442263606155.jpg
Full Tank Shot!

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say, this has been very refreshing to have someone from a company take feedback and act on it so easily. I hope this upgrade kit works out (need a tester? :p)

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
;)

Have you tested this? Im curious if the ballast will source 10V from the other ballast or if you will tie both Commons together, Stereo cable is a 3 wire/2 channels + shared common.
I took your suggestion.

We used the shared common to the two ballast and then our Apex HALO cord splits the common out for the Apex two channels of 0-10V.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Se
I have to say, this has been very refreshing to have someone from a company take feedback and act on it so easily. I hope this upgrade kit works out (need a tester? :p)
Thank you. When you have a chance send me a PM and I will let you know when I have the parts to test.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
IMO the best way for a manufacturer to do the 0-10v is a female stereo jack, either on a ~6 foot lead, or flush mount.

In terms of the overall retro fit, that's a hard one as obviously it is going to have to require some degree of modification to the aluminum profiles to at minimum support the voltage input, and the extra wiring. If going that far I suspect many would also like to go with a single power cord as well, which is another mod on it's own. What are others thinking of in terms of wiring that's going to have to go between the fixtures? I know my thoughts, but that's a rather extensive mod and basically re-doing the fixture wiring from scratch.

We are thinking the same!!! The Female stereo jack should allow the fixture to be controlled by any controller with two channels. That wass my thoughts. Connector on the dimmable unit.

IMG_1749.JPG

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered my new fixture today, great news that I can just upgrade it instead of having to buy a new one. Thinking I will take mine apart and move the cords to just one side, maybe even combine them into one.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the only company that I have interacted with in this hobby to be so, to say welcoming to both ideas and support in using and tinkering with their product. Dave is a big reason why I purchased a second fixture.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see others manufactures are getting in on the excitement. Im surprised it took them so long. So now that dimming and the other features are a reality, I curious what will be next.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Haha, @AquaticLifeProducts , I'll throw my name in that tester hat, lol. My fixture has been great ever since it's been installed.

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see others manufactures are getting in on the excitement. Im surprised it took them so long. So now that dimming and the other features are a reality, I curious what will be next.
What other company?

Back