Aquatic life hybrid t5 question

tigertym57

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2016
Messages
39
Reaction score
23
Location
Cleveland, Alabama
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just curious if anyone has experienced the same problem I had when changing out bulbs ? I replaced two of my bulbs and the material they used on the actual light holder was melted to the bulbs.
20180517_162409.jpg
20180517_162255.jpg
20180517_162934.jpg
20180517_162922.jpg
The bulbs shattered on both ends of the fixture and glass fell into my aquarium when trying to remove them. I don't know if it's a flaw in the material they used on my particular fixture or is it just a bad design. I have the 60in long version. Just curious if anyone else has experienced the same problem.
 
I was just curious if anyone has experienced the same problem I had when changing out bulbs ? I replaced two of my bulbs and the material they used on the actual light holder was melted to the bulbs.
20180517_162409.jpg
20180517_162255.jpg
20180517_162934.jpg
20180517_162922.jpg
The bulbs shattered on both ends of the fixture and glass fell into my aquarium when trying to remove them. I don't know if it's a flaw in the material they used on my particular fixture or is it just a bad design. I have the 60in long version. Just curious if anyone else has experienced the same problem.
What bulbs were you using in the fixture? I've had my bulbs out twice now and have not ran across this.
 
Thanks drtrash !! I didn't realize that it was a ongoing problem. Crabs I replaced one blue plus and one coral plus bulb on my fixture. Thanks for the replies..
 
Thanks drtrash !! I didn't realize that it was a ongoing problem. Crabs I replaced one blue plus and one coral plus bulb on my fixture. Thanks for the replies..
Were they ATI bulbs?
 
Yes all Ati bulbs
I'll have to keep an eye on mine then. I have the ATI blue+ and actinic+ in my fixture but never ran across anything like this. I'll keep a look out for it :) But as @drtrash said you can get heat shrink tubing and shrink it around that, or get all new holders from a local hardware store.
 
Last edited:
I'm replacing the back two bulbs in a couple weeks so I will get some heat shrink for my fixture too. Thanks!
 
I'm replacing the back two bulbs in a couple weeks so I will get some heat shrink for my fixture too. Thanks!

Hope its OK to jump in here. If the lamps are still operating and warm, could I ask you to try and pry the clip from the lamp before removing.

Its been stressful to understand what is causing this and any input/help is much appreciated.

If you would like a new set of clips please let me know, I can send them to you before you replace the lamps.
 
I appreciate the response aquaticlife !! I initially tried to pry the bulbs from sides before having to just completely break the bulbs entirely. The bulbs were physically melted into the material so they just shattered. Thanks for wanting to make this right but I'm going to try an alternate method to fixing this situation. I really love my fixture and won't let this change my view of your products.
 
Thank you.

The replacement clips would only be stainless if you want them??

As someone looking to upgrade to the hybrid, would all new unit come with only stainless or are you guys still working through some backlog of coated clips?

Not trying to hijack the thread!
 
As someone looking to upgrade to the hybrid, would all new unit come with only stainless or are you guys still working through some backlog of coated clips?

Not trying to hijack the thread!

We have been selling the units without the coating for a few weeks now. The original clips are stainless too, just have the coating on them. The coating can be removed before installation, they just peel off the clips.

If you get one and it has the coating let me know and I can send the new ones out too.
 
Hope its OK to jump in here. If the lamps are still operating and warm, could I ask you to try and pry the clip from the lamp before removing.

Its been stressful to understand what is causing this and any input/help is much appreciated.

If you would like a new set of clips please let me know, I can send them to you before you replace the lamps.

Thank you.

The replacement clips would only be stainless if you want them??

We have been selling the units without the coating for a few weeks now. The original clips are stainless too, just have the coating on them. The coating can be removed before installation, they just peel off the clips.

If you get one and it has the coating let me know and I can send the new ones out too.
And that right there is a prime example of great customer service. Thanks @AquaticLifeProducts !!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new