Aquatic life t5 hybrid, DX18 question.

dburnsworth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I am considering purchasing a t5 hybrid or maybe even the new DX18...and adding a Kessil or Ai later on. My question is this. I have a seaclear 50 acrylic tank that is only 15” wide. I see the bulbs are not placed at the outside of the fixture...will this give me a lot of spill outside the tank at the proper mounting height? Can I adjust the reflectors (or will I need to) to maximize the spread?
Also...my tank has an acrylic top...will this reduce par or reflect light in any way? Thank you!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquatic life hybrid fixtures are 18 in wide, so you will have a lot of spill on a 15 in tank, the reflectors are not adjustable. :)

danzig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi. I am considering purchasing a t5 hybrid or maybe even the new DX18...and adding a Kessil or Ai later on. My question is this. I have a seaclear 50 acrylic tank that is only 15” wide. I see the bulbs are not placed at the outside of the fixture...will this give me a lot of spill outside the tank at the proper mounting height? Can I adjust the reflectors (or will I need to) to maximize the spread?
Also...my tank has an acrylic top...will this reduce par or reflect light in any way? Thank you!
What did you end up going with for a fixture? I have a 16” tank and am trying to find a compatible hybrid fixture that wont spill too much light.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back