Aquatic Life USA makes some nice and resonable priced T5 Hybrid Fixture:

Nurse.Reef.Reapeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure if im on the right thread to give my experience and feedback on a T5 Hybrid fixture. OP Please transfer to the right Thread if im not on the right one.

So I have a Reefer 170 running for at least 5 months now (a year if not transferred) I have Ai Hydra 26 HD in it but I think there was something lacking due to how I did my aquascape, and how some corals don't get as much light. I was torn between buying another Hydra 26 or getting something affordable. Well, I stumbled across marinedepot.com and safe the 24" Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid fixture. I was like YES!, FINALLY! Long story short: I am loving my set-up a lot better now. More spread like how I wanted and needed it to be. And the fixture looks so sleek and well made for the price you paid for.

ISSUES:
There's a lot of people who complained about how the cable ends on opposite directions, but talking to DAVE at RAPCA, I finally got the point why it had to be that way. and in my understanding, its to accommodate almost all of the set-up. what you will need is planning and some tools for the fixture to look well in your set-up.

SOLUTION:
With the issue discussed about, a lot of reefers resulted in doing DIY. Drilling the fixture and connect those to cables to work in a single wire coming out from the back... well, how I addressed mine? I got some cable mount ties and zip ties, ran and mounted the cables to the back of the fixture until it met in the middle. and used cable raceway to hide the black cable from my white painted wall. At least to me, it looks a lot better now.

Conclusion: I really think this is a huge blessing and opportunity to those who wants T5 and in budget. Also being able to use your existing LED to the combo is... AWESOME! Thank you @AquaticLifeProducts for the great product.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nurse.Reef.Reapeat

Nurse.Reef.Reapeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A6199308-4140-45D6-BDEA-F94EB82AB59C.jpeg

7922385B-3CC9-410A-A979-F12130B53ECD.jpeg

9B27BA03-447A-47B7-A441-F742B6500E7A.jpeg

2C51CE84-90E0-426D-9D0D-688392DC916D.jpeg

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but I just got my aquatic life hybrid set up and I’m wondering what you guys do for cable management. 5 cords with disconnects and plugs that end up in mid air is pretty unsightly. Do you guys run a single power supply up on the light or in your hoods?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back