AquaticLife Hybrid T5 With sBar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy no one has posted about this yet in this forum. I am about to add some sBar 60" actinics and was wondering if there is a suggested method to mount them to the T5 fixture. I do notice what looks like a track on the side the the T5 housing, but do not see any additional mounting hardware options that I can use without drilling additional holes into the fixture.

Any suggestions before I start drilling?

pluikens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you adding sBars to the outside to supplement the T5 and other LED lights or are you trying to mount the sBar as the only LED units on the inside of the t5s in the hybrid fixture?

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you adding sBars to the outside to supplement the T5 and other LED lights or are you trying to mount the sBar as the only LED units on the inside of the t5s in the hybrid fixture?

I'll be adding the sBar as a supplement to my existing T5/LED combo. I think I found the best option just need to find the right size of square head screw that will slide into the side of the T5 fixture:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-1-...RnwAB94rDoKr6OhB3oDo74Xi_byRRpthoCeJQQAvD_BwE

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture of the screw. Maybe if someone from AquaticLife can chime in on the size of head needed that would be great:

008236713961.jpg

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Here is a picture of the screw. Maybe if someone from AquaticLife can chime in on the size of head needed that would be great:

008236713961.jpg
Sorry for the delay, let me see if I can find some details for you. I have similar elevator bolts in the shop. Plus some of the old metal brackets we had for legs may work too.

ReefJesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a really bad experience with aquaticlife life products. Fyi

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a really bad experience with aquaticlife life products. Fyi

I did find your original feedback and the issue doesn't really seem to be an issue with AquaticLife, but more an issue with the reseller really. I get that you are upset and wanted AquaticLife to fix it for you, but you do have to realize that you beef is more with the reseller than it is with AquaticLife. The reseller should have taken care of you in this instance and worked with AquaticLife on their end.

I personally already have the AquaticLife Hybrid fixture and do not have the same experience. If I do have a technical issue with the fixture, I will reach out to my reseller first. If they do not handle the situation appropriately, I'd just not deal with that particular reseller anymore. Nothing against AquaticLife unless they are seller useless equipment, which as of this point, I do not see it that way. Wish you the best in the future and again, I'd just not purchase anything else from the reseller you did purchase the equipment from since they completely ignored your concern and didn't handle your situation appropriately.

ReefJesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did find your original feedback and the issue doesn't really seem to be an issue with AquaticLife, but more an issue with the reseller really. I get that you are upset and wanted AquaticLife to fix it for you, but you do have to realize that you beef is more with the reseller than it is with AquaticLife. The reseller should have taken care of you in this instance and worked with AquaticLife on their end.

I personally already have the AquaticLife Hybrid fixture and do not have the same experience. If I do have a technical issue with the fixture, I will reach out to my reseller first. If they do not handle the situation appropriately, I'd just not deal with that particular reseller anymore. Nothing against AquaticLife unless they are seller useless equipment, which as of this point, I do not see it that way. Wish you the best in the future and again, I'd just not purchase anything else from the reseller you did purchase the equipment from since they completely ignored your concern and didn't handle your situation appropriately.

I strongly believe the fixture was not properly packaged by aquaticlife for internet shipping and the mfg did not take precautions to properly pack the bulbs within the original mfg packaging, not reseller. The mfg should also maintain some responsibility coupled with the reseller. Neither stood up and did the right thing, unfortunately. I ended up with a expensive broken fixture. Regards,

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I strongly believe the fixture was not properly packaged by aquaticlife for internet shipping and the mfg did not take precautions to properly pack the bulbs within the original mfg packaging, not reseller. The mfg should also maintain some responsibility coupled with the reseller. Neither stood up and did the right thing, unfortunately. I ended up with a expensive broken fixture. Regards,

Hey I 100% agree with you. You absolutely have the right to be upset if no one decided to help you get it resolved. Someone should have decided to have better customer service in this instance for sure. Sucks that they both decided to point the finger. I already have a fixture and am not looking to get one, so at this point I am not having any issues. I will definitely take your issue into consideration when making further purchases. Who was the reseller that sold you the fixture originally? Also how long ago did this occur?

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
We did try to work with you but you would not give us the details needed to contact the reseller for your order. The reseller is a good company and we know they would have replaced the lamp damaged in shipping, as they had for other customers in the past, but you did not want that resolution 5 years ago. We even offered to contact them for you.

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1

I have our older metal anchors that slide into the channel if you want to try them. Send me a PM and I can get them in the mail. Take a look at the attached photos.

Not sure they are as large a screw as you would want, but you can slide multiples into the channel.

IMG_1307.JPG

IMG_1308.JPG

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
What and where can I get those?

I have them here and can mail you some, just send me a PM with your address. I can send anchors and screws.

We considered making the T5 Hybrid into a T5 only fixture that would use legs so we designed the channel to work with our legs. These anchors are a part we used for years and would reuse them if we did the T5 only fixture.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them here and can mail you some, just send me a PM with your address. I can send anchors and screws.

We considered making the T5 Hybrid into a T5 only fixture that would use legs so we designed the channel to work with our legs. These anchors are a part we used for years and would reuse them if we did the T5 only fixture.

Pm sent

ReefJesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We did try to work with you but you would not give us the details needed to contact the reseller for your order. The reseller is a good company and we know they would have replaced the lamp damaged in shipping, as they had for other customers in the past, but you did not want that resolution 5 years ago. We even offered to contact them for you.

That’s not accurate. You would not even return my calls, which is why I had to file a BBI complaint against your company.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not accurate. You would not even return my calls, which is why I had to file a BBI complaint against your company.

This is not the place to vent your 5 year old grievances.. I have always found AquaticLife to provide excellent customer service and offer quality products at affordable prices.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not the place to vent your 5 year old grievances.. I have always found AquaticLife to provide excellent customer service and offer quality products at affordable prices.

He worse than a woman, lol. Definitely can hold a grudge, lol

iTzJu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

do you have any more of those anchors and screws? or know where I can get them?

thank you!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back