Aquaticlife xs-uv 14

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Malarkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am looking for some information and inspiration about these lights. My LFS has a set of them on a frag tank but I have never seen them turned up with the white channel turned on. I really like the general appearance of the fixtures and the features are very appealing. However, I am having the hardest time finding either video of them in operation, or product reviews. I am setting up a 90 gal and just want to know I will have enough light to grow anything I might want to put in there. This is my first tank in 5 years and so much has changed. I am looking forward to not having to have MH's to grow sps or clams. But I just need a little encouragement to push me over the edge.
My decision is between two very similar fixtures, at least in size and shape, but not necessarily in features. Please help me to decide.
Thanks in advance

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Good morning, Sorry I did not see this request earlier. I can help you with the fixture details. If you are looking to set up the 90 gallon I would suggest the 46" model, it has three boards inside the single housing with a single point of control. It will easily support SPS corals and anything less demanding. It has three 24 hour programs that you can create and load to the fixture and then choose which you would like to use from the remote. You can also increase the cycles intensity from the remote. I know that Marine Depot has reviews for the fixture on their site. The newest version has near UV (400nm) LED along with 6-420nm, 24 Blue, 18 Royal Blue, 18 White and 6 620nm Red LED.

If you would like you can download the software from our website and review prior to purchase so you can have a better understanding of the feature prior to purchase.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Dave

OP
OP
M

Malarkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will 2 of the 14" lights not be plenty of light for a 48" tank. I really didn't want to spend $1000 on a light. If I could find a remanufactured 46, I would probably buy that. I just didn't want to spend what a new one costs.
Thanks for your help.

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
If you can contact us tomorrow, I can get you pricing for the 46". I'm a little concerned with only two and you wanting to keep any corals.

Dave

OP
OP
M

Malarkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I left a message with your receptionist on Thursday. I'll be looking forward to hearing from you. Either method is fine, phone or email.

OP
OP
M

Malarkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my light and it looks great. I have not had a chance to get it out of the plastic and plug it in, but from what I can see. It looks great.

OP
OP
M

Malarkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave, on one of the videos I have watched it states that there are some downloadable files for traces. I am looking for something as a starting point. I know that just because it is pleasing to the human eye does not necessarily mean it is good for our corals. I have finally gotten my tank up and cycling and I am starting to play with the lights. From what I have seen. I really like the lights. Now if I can just figure out some settings I'll have it made. Thanks

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Sorry I was out of the office for the holiday. If you send me your email address I can forward all the trace files that we have on hand. I would recommend the #2 or #3 trace that is pre-loaded on the fixture, these are my two favorites.

OP
OP
M

Malarkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I was out of the office for the holiday. If you send me your email address I can forward all the trace files that we have on hand. I would recommend the #2 or #3 trace that is pre-loaded on the fixture, these are my two favorites.
If I use the #2 or #3 trace and stretch it for length of time, but decrease the intensity. Would it be about the same or should I just shift the time that it comes on and leave the duration and intensity alone?

MaiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased 2, 14" for my 100 gallon. I am putting them 6" up. Will one of the set trace #s work well with my sps and mps or should I create one? Thank you.

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
If you use the #2 trace it will give you a similar color to a 14K lamp, plus it has the highest PAR and wattage out of the three remote keys.

MaiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to get other traces? I cannot find downloadable ones on the website. BTW my coral have responded well so far.

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I have other traces that I can send over. If you want to let me know where I can email them or send me an email at [email protected]

Good to hear, we have been using them for several years and the results have been good.

Dave

Gordon Cashmore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How has your aquatic life light Worked over the years I’m looking at buying the 48 inch hard to find specs at that price. Thanks for the reply

Gordon Cashmore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How has your aquatic life light Worked over the years I’m looking at buying the 48 inch hard to find specs at that price. Thanks for the reply

MaiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Love them. No green for visual, but great color and completely controllable. They are silent, do not overheat and just plain work.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 188 71.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back