Aquatics life dx18 36 inch or Reef Brites X Series LED - Anyone have any feedback?

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a SPS dominate Reefer 250 that I currently have a XR30G6 Blue over it. Works great, but I just am cutting it short left to right. However, more importantly, I think as this tank grows in there will be lots of shadowing, which has me wanting to put a supplemental lighting system on this. On paper I really like the dimmable T5. To me this looks like the best 1 - 2 punch. But then there is the Reef Brites, and when will T5s be really hard to get? Anyone have any thoughts?

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a diehard T5 gal but had to change a year or so ago because they quit making the 30" bulbs that my fixture needed. I was super bummed. I wanted to buy a hybrid T5/LED fixture but they were out of my price range. I even thought of removing the 2 center bulbs in my Coralife quad but was not confident of my DIY skills, LOL. I bought a ReefBreeder Photon and have loved it but have thought of adding a 24" strip T5 .

I don't think they are going to discontinue making the common size bulbs ( 24", 36", and 48") anytime real soon and T5s definitely give you the most even lighting that will also reflect off the sand or bottom.

tsharpe291

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a SPS dominate Reefer 250 that I currently have a XR30G6 Blue over it. Works great, but I just am cutting it short left to right. However, more importantly, I think as this tank grows in there will be lots of shadowing, which has me wanting to put a supplemental lighting system on this. On paper I really like the dimmable T5. To me this looks like the best 1 - 2 punch. But then there is the Reef Brites, and when will T5s be really hard to get? Anyone have any thoughts?
I have reef brites paired with xr15’s and I love them. I use the apex to control them via 0/10 volt cable. Full control that way

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back