Any suggestions on A360X mounting height for Zoas?

Luckki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers,

I am starting a new tank and there will be a zoa garden near the bottom. Being that this is my first reef tank in a while I will be sticking with soft corals. I personally like them more than most LPS and SPS. I was wondering if anyone out there had any suggestions on mounting height for the A360X with 14.25" of water and a 55 degree reflector on? My light is in an office and the 135 degree stock angle at 8" mounting height causes really bad glare on the monitors. I found that the reflector gets rid of the glare 100%. This works up to the max ridged arm mounting height of 18". If I need to mount it from the ceiling that can be done too. Before you link me to the BRS video; I have seen the BRS video comparing the 135 degree to the 55 degree at a height of 12", but they did not mention intensity values or anything. I do not have a par meter and it will be a month or so before I can get one. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Luckki

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the depth of the tank? I have a AP9x on a 21 inch deep tank, mounted about 10 inches off the water surface yielding 80-100 par at the bottom where the 2 fixtures do not intersect, which would be fine for zoas

OP
OP
Luckki

Luckki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14.25 inches of water to the sand its a WB aio 25 peninsula

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back