Aquatop 40g Recife ECO AIO(1st Saltwater Tank)

OP
OP
JL15219

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yeah! Congrats on the fish they look good. Glad everything tested out well and they are doing good. Nitrates aren't bad either. You can get those down with a couple more waterchanges. Now you have something to look at.
Thanks!! Yeah they seem to be doing great. I actually tested the Nitrates yesterday before I added them and it was around 25 but I remembered the tank came with some Nitrate/Phosphate absorbing sponge I added the sponges and I guess it worked. I tried feeding some frozen brine shrimp this morning but only saw the bigger eat one piece and the smaller didn't eat any that I saw. They both kept going at the food like they were going to eat it but they didn't....

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!! Yeah they seem to be doing great. I actually tested the Nitrates yesterday before I added them and it was around 25 but I remembered the tank came with some Nitrate/Phosphate absorbing sponge I added the sponges and I guess it worked. I tried feeding some frozen brine shrimp this morning but only saw the bigger eat one piece and the smaller didn't eat any that I saw. They both kept going at the food like they were going to eat it but they didn't....
It will probably take them a couple days. You may want to get some nassarius snails to eat anything they miss off the bottom. But yeah feed them small amounts and if you're home u can try feeding small amounts a couple times a day. But they sometimes take a couple days to respond to food.

OP
OP
JL15219

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will probably take them a couple days. You may want to get some nassarius snails to eat anything they miss off the bottom. But yeah feed them small amounts and if you're home u can try feeding small amounts a couple times a day. But they sometimes take a couple days to respond to food.
Oh okay I will try that on the days I'm home. I'm also going to get some mysis.. I was planning on getting a CUC but thought it was maybe too soon....

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh okay I will try that on the days I'm home. I'm also going to get some mysis.. I was planning on getting a CUC but thought it was maybe too soon....
It might be too soon for the snails that clean your glass and rocks if you don't really have algae yet but the nassarius will eat anything the clowns miss that drops to the bottom. Keeps that stuff from decaying and turning into straight ammonia. You would only need a couple to handle your leftovers unless you're really heavy handed.

OP
OP
JL15219

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might be too soon for the snails that clean your glass and rocks if you don't really have algae yet but the nassarius will eat anything the clowns miss that drops to the bottom. Keeps that stuff from decaying and turning into straight ammonia. You would only need a couple to handle your leftovers unless you're really heavy handed.
Oh okay yeah I will see if the LFS has any

Last edited:

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as I buy more fish I buy more snails or 3 max for everything?
You can definitely have too many in your tank. But I would say you buy more snails until you don't have too much leftover food or if its the algae kind until the algae is gone but you aren't starving them. With clean up crew you want enough that they are working but not enough that you are having to feed them. So if you notice food im the sand the next day you may need to feed less or add couple more. But you probably wouldn't need more than 8-10 nassarius when you're fully stocked on fish. That's why I said 3 in the beginning.

OP
OP
JL15219

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can definitely have too many in your tank. But I would say you buy more snails until you don't have too much leftover food or if its the algae kind until the algae is gone but you aren't starving them. With clean up crew you want enough that they are working but not enough that you are having to feed them. So if you notice food im the sand the next day you may need to feed less or add couple more. But you probably wouldn't need more than 8-10 nassarius when you're fully stocked on fish. That's why I said 3 in the beginning.
Oh okay gotcha!

OP
OP
JL15219

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really couldn't get a photo but very similar to this
4C7D8302-8AB3-49E8-BA4A-6B3A6B2838A2.jpeg

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it came with one just haven't used it...because it looks really crappy quality. You think it will help? Yeah I might start a thread doesn't seem like there is much active in the thread
Well the skimmer may help with the sludge. It could be fats and proteins but I'm not sure. Just make a thread but maybe also try the skimmer???

OP
OP
JL15219

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon,
Any ideas on replacing the skimmer and the return pump for this model?
No unfortunately I'm also trying to figure that out myself. There really isn't much information for this tank for some reason. But I'm looking at the Jecod/Jebao DC pumps as an option. They seem to have decent reviews and you can adjust flow by 10% increments.

longbeachjw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put in my cuc before i put in any fish.
this is what I currently have
3 Mexican turbo
1 pyramid snail (forgot name)
2 Nasirus snails
1 peppermint shrimp
About 6 hermits. (Started with 12.
2 porcelain crabs.

Back