Aquatop 40g Recife ECO AIO(1st Saltwater Tank)

OP
OP
JL15219

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should be fine. Just give a couple weeks to a month between fish for bacteria to continue to build up. Any fish that eat a lot or are messy will cause a higher bio load. But if you want a pair of clowns I would add both of them at once.
Yeah that's what I was planning....and I was going to try and get them on the smaller side

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's what I was planning....and I was going to try and get them on the smaller side
Most people like to watch their fish grow. Also smaller fish are cheaper fish usually. Same thing. Some people like coral frags so they can grow them and they're cheaper. Some people like to buy whole colonies of coral

OP
OP
JL15219

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people like to watch their fish grow. Also smaller fish are cheaper fish usually. Same thing. Some people like coral frags so they can grow them and they're cheaper. Some people like to buy whole colonies of coral
Yeah I'm one of those people that like to watch fish, coral, plants, etc grow lol... and I figured it would be less bioload

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New fish sometimes get jumpy and also there are many fish that jump in general. You will eventually want a lid. The clowns will probably be fine. Gobies wrasses definitely need a lid.

OP
OP
JL15219

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New fish sometimes get jumpy and also there are many fish that jump in general. You will eventually want a lid. The clowns will probably be fine. Gobies wrasses definitely need a lid.
My clowns live in the top 6inches of my tank 90% of the time and if I'm home I dont use my lid if I leave it goes on.
Oh yeah I'm getting one for sure!!! Don't want any fish to end up on the carpet like fish jerky...

Oh wait I just realized the tank came with some crappy glass probably use that till I can get a nice lid.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah I'm getting one for sure!!! Don't want any fish to end up on the carpet like fish jerky...
You can make one or order one. There are some kits. Theres some really nice acrylic ones as well. Pick your poison. I made one. To each their own. Idk if your tank has one that can be ordered or not.

OP
OP
JL15219

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can make one or order one. There are some kits. Theres some really nice acrylic ones as well. Pick your poison. I made one. To each their own. Idk if your tank has one that can be ordered or not.
Don't know haven't even looked for one to tell you the truth. I need to start looking but I forgot that the tank came with some crappy glass tops probably will use that till I can get something better.

OP
OP
JL15219

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jut test your nitrates tomorrow. A 50% will reduce nitrates by 50%. If you have the 20g ready tomorrow. And 20g will keep the rock underwater you can do that. I think the most you'd have to do is like 75% if you wanted. I think I did 50% with my first and just slowly got mine down. I added fish and did like 2 more 50% after every week. Now I do like 25% every week. I would just say not to have them out of the water longer than a couple hours. They should stay wet awhile.
I know you said just test Nitrate but i wanted to see if Ammonia was zero and it was but Nitrite was 2 should I wait till it is zero again to perform water change or go ahead with it?

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you said just test Nitrate but i wanted to see if Ammonia was zero and it was but Nitrite was 2 should I wait till it is zero again to perform water change or go ahead with it?
If ammonia is zero you are good to go. Nitrite doesn't hurt marine animals or you could wait til tomorrow. When it goes down. But it is fine to do the change. Its kinda up to you. It should be down tomorrow morning.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If ammonia is zero you are good to go. Nitrite doesn't hurt marine animals or you could wait til tomorrow. When it goes down. But it is fine to do the change. Its kinda up to you. It should be down tomorrow morning.
But the ammonia is processed thats what will hurt your fish so you're cycled if you add waterchange and add fish tomorrow theyre fine.

OP
OP
JL15219

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But the ammonia is processed thats what will hurt your fish so you're cycled if you add waterchange and add fish tomorrow theyre fine.
Okay awesome just wanted to double check. So I can do the water change tomorrow and also add fish the same day?

OP
OP
JL15219

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well yesterday evening I was able to go to the lfs and purchase my very 1st fish, I got 2 "Fancy White" clownfish. They seem to be doing great tested Ammonia just in case...it is zero, Nitrate was around 5 to 10. Here are some pictures and a video because they were super active it was really hard to take good pictures but I tried.

Well it wouldn't let me upload the video but here are the pictures.
94BDEF4F-95A8-4272-8043-177ACE6CC9B6.jpeg

A8A53C40-96DC-4F32-97A6-24FC35EE0DB1.jpeg

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well yesterday evening I was able to go to the lfs and purchase my very 1st fish, I got 2 "Fancy White" clownfish. They seem to be doing great tested Ammonia just in case...it is zero, Nitrate was around 5 to 10. Here are some pictures and a video because they were super active it was really hard to take good pictures but I tried.

Well it wouldn't let me upload the video but here are the pictures.
94BDEF4F-95A8-4272-8043-177ACE6CC9B6.jpeg

A8A53C40-96DC-4F32-97A6-24FC35EE0DB1.jpeg
Heck yeah! Congrats on the fish they look good. Glad everything tested out well and they are doing good. Nitrates aren't bad either. You can get those down with a couple more waterchanges. Now you have something to look at.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back