aquatop ps37p skimmer

GrandpaShark

Keep Calm & Reef On
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I have the aquatop xyclone ps370 skimmer, (new) HOB. does anyone have any knowledge on this? The instructions are worthless, I have youtubed and Googled how to and still come up with nothing. I have both gate valves closed and air to the pump barely on and I still have the top tube full of water and not bubbles (foam) like it should be. If i tweak anything just a hair water floods the catch chamber. I also have a tremendous amount of air bubbles discharging from unit into the tank. Please help.......... Thanks.

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest opening the exit valves all the way so that the water level is as low as possible in the skimmer. I also suggest allowing as much air in as possible, and to just let the water/foam spill back into the tank. You'll need to allow the skimmer to break in for a few weeks to a month before fine tuning it.

OP
OP
GrandpaShark

GrandpaShark

Keep Calm & Reef On
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest opening the exit valves all the way so that the water level is as low as possible in the skimmer. I also suggest allowing as much air in as possible, and to just let the water/foam spill back into the tank. You'll need to allow the skimmer to break in for a few weeks to a month before fine tuning it.
So when I open the gate valves all the way water continuously flows into collection cup. I do have the tube from the cup.going back into my tank for now until I get it dialed in. So just keep.letting the water overflow? Will it stop overflowing? This just seems strange to me. Lol

OP
OP
GrandpaShark

GrandpaShark

Keep Calm & Reef On
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when I open the gate valves all the way water continuously flows into collection cup. I do have the tube from the cup.going back into my tank for now until I get it dialed in. So just keep.letting the water overflow? Will it stop overflowing? This just seems strange to me. Lol
Update. So the skimmer has been running for 2 days now. I fully opened the gate valves and the water went below the cone, I removed the valve to the pump and no over flow. This is crazy how just letting it run to "break in" is mind boggling. Ok so no it is just fine tuning the thing to get the bubbles or foam sitting in the cone in the right spot. Thanks for the help.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back