Aquaviolet UV

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got one and host making sure before I fire it up I have the hoses correct, the hose coming. From my pump goes into the inlet on same end as where the bulb goes in, the return to sump hose goes on inlet opposite of where bulb goes in? Thanks

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send some photos
The red arrow is the hose returning water to my sump, blue line is the hose attached to my pump, yellow circle is where the blue light on the unit is. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• IMG_3943.jpeg
    IMG_3943.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have it mounted horizontally the uv doesn't care, relax it's fine. It's all about dwell time.

If it's vertical you want it to be fed from the bottom and exit out the top.
I may go vertical so which is bottom and which is top in that case, so wound that mean the water in goes into inlet farthest from blue light and exits inlet closest to light?

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oye vey...

How do you get the bulb out, think about that... should explain where the top of the unit is.
For what you typed you could just have answered my question, so maybe someone else can help, if vertical does the water go in the inlet near where the light blue lights up or the inlet farthest from the blue light.

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put the bulb connection at the top so it can easily be removed and have the water enter at the bottom and exit from the top, so the unit stays full of water. Horizontal orientation with both connections facing upwards probably does a better job of assuring that the bulb is fulling submerged but I have seen plenty of installations in the vertical, so I don't think it really matters. It does not matter which side the water enters if it is in the horizontal position.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what you typed you could just have answered my question, so maybe someone else can help, if vertical does the water go in the inlet near where the light blue lights up or the inlet farthest from the blue light.
A bit of reading the instructions goes a LONG way so that you can understand the equipment you purchased...

This tells me you didn't read it @ all as aqua uv's pack a comprehensive guide for their equipment.

The answer is highlighted.
Screenshot_20231009-183001~2.png

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put the bulb connection at the top so it can easily be removed and have the water enter at the bottom and exit from the top, so the unit stays full of water. Horizontal orientation with both connections facing upwards probably does a better job of assuring that the bulb is fulling submerged but I have seen plenty of installations in the vertical, so I don't think it really matters. It does not matter which side the water enters if it is in the horizontal position.
Thank you for the detailed explanation that makes sense for now I’m leaving it horizontal so sounds like it doesn’t matter which one is enter and exit thanks again.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back