AquaVitro Fuel - Copper Content

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever use the AquaVitro Fuel product? It is a carbohydrate, vitamin, fatty acid and amino acid suppliment for reefs that is supposed to increase coral growth...

I have a concern as on the back it says it contains 1 micro-gram of copper per gram of product. I thought copper was bad for the reefs but I don't know if this is high enough to cause an issue...

JackoChang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it, no adverse effects. Similar to marine snow.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was considering useing this product but never did I will tag along and see if anyone can chimme in on the pros n cons

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend has been using it in his frag tank for a couple months now. He said it seems to do good.

Triggerman77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper is Bad for Inverts!! Kills them pretty quick at low levels It probably not the best for coral but they can can tolerate it to some extent !!

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper is Bad for Inverts!! Kills them pretty quick at low levels It probably not the best for coral but they can can tolerate it to some extent !!

Inverts are senstive to certain levels of copper. However, it is needed by all inverts, fish, and everything else to perform certain biological processes. It is a myth that any Cu at all will kill all inverts. All of your salts and many off your trace additives contain Cu. Uormally roughly 0.0001 um.

I have used it in my tanks with no issues, except for my LPS did not like it due to the glucose in the product. My sps absolutely love it.

OP
OP
cdness

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the information! I did the first does and within 24 hours I started to see increased polyp extention on the SPS. No bad effects to the lps yet but will keep my eyes on it. How does this compare to the kent stuff?

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like it has dropped in price I believe when I first saw it comeout it was like 20 a bottle I could be mistaken on that but anyway today I went to a lfs and bought a bottle of it for 12 bucks is that what the bottle goes for at your lfs

SeeingGreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on good for zoas, though my tank is by no means a pristine environment I could be giving credit where it isnt due.

goldenboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Says on the bottle in fine print MSPR $14.99
bayarea
Neptunes has it for 10.99
king aquarium 12.99
and baymac special was 5 bucks a bottle
Cheapest is Petclub in mountain view they take cash or debit only no credit card 8.99 or 7.99 a bottle

I've been using fuel for over a year now no adverse affects but I actually dose daily about 1 cc in my 50 gallon instead of doing once weekly which is about 5-10cc. I was worried about dosing to much all at once because of the Iodine content in there. So small doses work safer over a long period of time. Say its recommend to keep refrigerated but still works fine for me at room temp. All my frog spawns look like there on steroids they triple in size. Also you can mix it up with your coral food if you want like reef nutrition. One bottle will last a super long time.

JackoChang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys on the coasts get all the deals. LFS price here (only one in town), $18.99.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

swordfight

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased Ions and Fuel, but I never actually used it.
Reading the label and the contents, makes me want to because of all the goodies going inside the tank.

My biggest concern was the color and the smell of the solution, it didn't look like anything I've used before.

I was never big on the Kent stuff either. I just dose Alk, CA and Kalk.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.9%
Back