Aquawind Eco Chic Aquarium Fan

  • Thread starter Thread starter SeeFu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Every region the tanks will react differently with evaporative cooling, that fan looks better than the hang on fans. I live in a dry environment so it should work great here.
A 211 gallon tank will have a lot of surface area, so I guess if the fan can blow all the way across it, this is a YouTube experiment.
 
fromt something that small and using that little power, that would be really impressive. i use a 9" desk fan on the top of my tank and it can't cool as mcuh as what that tunze fan is claiming
 
fromt something that small and using that little power, that would be really impressive. i use a 9" desk fan on the top of my tank and it can't cool as mcuh as what that tunze fan is claiming
its probably because of the enclosure that is directing the airflow. this thing seems horribly overpriced for what is essentially a pc fan in a blower style enclosure. I guess that is aquarium products for you.
 
for sure a PC fan cannot cool a large tank. I've tried using 4 of them on my 125 and it doesn't do anything.
 
i use this Amazon product ASIN B06WP6CY4G i seem to have to replace them every 6 months though. i'm not sure if its the salt of me mounting it slightly pointed downwards that's cause the fans to eventaully fail.
 
Wally Mart had some cheap clip on fans I have used them with success.
 
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/aquawind-eco-chic-aquarium-fan-tunze.html
are they for real when they say this can cool a 211 gal tank?
I have the old Tunze fan on a 20g aio.
It will keep the tank at 77, the room runs 80.
I run my tanks at 80-82.
It rusts pretty quick in our environment. The new all plastic one should fix that.
I have it come on when the halide comes on for 5hrs. It will keep the tank at 80 then go off.

Will the new one cool 200g's?
That depends on several factors.
I may get one to try on my 80g this summer.
Current 20g with halide off. It fits well on the aio.
20230329_183637.jpg
 
comes with a 5 year warranty. w/ how often i'm replacing the desk box fans, the cost comes out the same after 5 years, but this tunze soluition looks much better
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new