Aqueon 40 Breeder Euro bracing.?

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2010
Messages
749
Reaction score
12
Location
Puerto Rico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up an aqueon 40 breeder tank 1/4" thich glass. I'd like very much and would consider taking out the top plastic brace and euro-bracing it, but unless it would be to risky!!:squigglemouth:

Can this be done with glass tanks 1/4" thick? If so, is there anything special I need to know? what do you guys think?
 
Last edited:
Wait whaaaa? I have never heard of that either.. and I have an Aqueon 40Br. You sure you have one Pr_reefers? Something doesn't sound right...
 
I with them PR, I have the same 40 breeder and there is no center brace. Post a pic of what you have so we can help you.
 
LOL.... I must have been reefing too much:tongue:.... I meant to say remove the complete plastic bracing from the top!! It does not have a center brace...lol... so about the euro brace what do you guys think?
 
Not worth it if you remove the plastic trim your gonna find nice sharp unfinished glass under there that will slice ya pretty bad.... If your into sanding and flame polishing glass then maybe try but I wouldn't bother personally.... Have one built from acrylic...;)
 
....yeah I guess maybe you are right about all the extra work... but if I were to build a rimless tank with these dimensions using 1/4" glass would it be considered safe?

I don't like using acrylic for dt's personally... mainly because it scratches too easily and I'm very finicky about this..:tongue:

thanks for the reply
 
Ohhh now I see. I would highly recommend NOT removing the bracing. 1) It ain't easy to do 2) It's a mess to take off and 3) On a tank like ours, even if shallow, it provides that amount of support you'll need. Sucks as I know how much rimless tanks can be.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new