Aqueon 40 Breeder Euro bracing.?

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up an aqueon 40 breeder tank 1/4" thich glass. I'd like very much and would consider taking out the top plastic brace and euro-bracing it, but unless it would be to risky!!:squigglemouth:

Can this be done with glass tanks 1/4" thick? If so, is there anything special I need to know? what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait whaaaa? I have never heard of that either.. and I have an Aqueon 40Br. You sure you have one Pr_reefers? Something doesn't sound right...

ReefDreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I with them PR, I have the same 40 breeder and there is no center brace. Post a pic of what you have so we can help you.

OP
OP
PR_Reefers

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL.... I must have been reefing too much:tongue:.... I meant to say remove the complete plastic bracing from the top!! It does not have a center brace...lol... so about the euro brace what do you guys think?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not worth it if you remove the plastic trim your gonna find nice sharp unfinished glass under there that will slice ya pretty bad.... If your into sanding and flame polishing glass then maybe try but I wouldn't bother personally.... Have one built from acrylic...;)

OP
OP
PR_Reefers

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
....yeah I guess maybe you are right about all the extra work... but if I were to build a rimless tank with these dimensions using 1/4" glass would it be considered safe?

I don't like using acrylic for dt's personally... mainly because it scratches too easily and I'm very finicky about this..:tongue:

thanks for the reply

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh now I see. I would highly recommend NOT removing the bracing. 1) It ain't easy to do 2) It's a mess to take off and 3) On a tank like ours, even if shallow, it provides that amount of support you'll need. Sucks as I know how much rimless tanks can be.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back