Aquired Auto Balls

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of trading a recently tore down system for 3 Autographed Baseballs

Mickey Mantle
Willie Mays
Cal Ripken

The guy that i am trading had a online collectables business and is getting rid of his remaining products. My intentions are either going to use these 3 balls to help fund my next upgrade/expand my zoa collection or put these on the shelf to collect dust. Haven't decided yet.

Is there much interest in these?

My father owns a sports collectable shop and says the Mantle books for around 1000.00 but brings in less than that, and the Ripken and Mays both bring in around 100-200.00

AHDOnline

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say no. As a former owner of a hobby shop i still have a lot of inventory such as this in my storage collecting dust as they are hard to sell at this time.

Do you get certificates of authenticity with each of these? Are they legit?

The most i would expect to sell the for is at best 40% of book value.

There are currently 180 mantle balls up for sale on ebay and only a few have bids of maybe 200$. Again a lot depends on where its COA is from and how reputable that would be.

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say no. As a former owner of a hobby shop i still have a lot of inventory such as this in my storage collecting dust as they are hard to sell at this time.

Do you get certificates of authenticity with each of these? Are they legit?

The most i would expect to sell the for is at best 40% of book value.

There are currently 180 mantle balls up for sale on ebay and only a few have bids of maybe 200$. Again a lot depends on where its COA is from and how reputable that would be.

ya i have been watching a few on line and with COA they have been going for 4-500.00

He also has a Ted Williams ball not sure if this one would be more ideal to go after?

I haven't made the deal yet still talking trade...

My system could be parted out for around 500.00 probably.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 71 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.8%
Back