Aragocrete production

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spring is approaching! Don't pass up this opportunity to do your part and help the ocean!

Every year somebody's pond springs a leak Andorra gets chucked into the trash?!

Being a reefer you may not see potential in this at first.

Then you go to make live rock one day when your wife finally okays the 4000g build. Rather than dig a hole or buy a ton of totes you can take a penetrated pond liner like so:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361748276.211415.jpg

And do your forms in that! Since the sand will be moist you won't have to worry about it going through the hole and you sure don't have to worry about water collecting in it during the curing process.
Once you have dry new rock just toss em in the river or your garden pond like this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361748369.209436.jpg

Don't worry. No fish were harmed during the freezing and contamination of this pond. Those cigarettes were put on there due to an idiot who didn't fully put one out, thus causing a large fire and a swift kick in the ask me no more questions....

These are the important parts of production because a) you need somewhere to make the rocks and b) you need some where to soak the rocks.

Coming this spring I will walk you through my techniques to make wonderful rock work that will stun even the fish!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361748556.293442.jpg

90% of this is home made aragocrete made in my own back yard.
Don't be afraid to help the ocean this spring. And your wallets!!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back