Arctica Chiller not Cooling

Ellie85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello y’all! I’ve had a Mini Arctica chiller for a little over two years now. Last night the pump was making a bunch of noise, so I unplugged it and my chiller to look at in the morning. This morning when I plugged it back in, everything turned on fine, except the chiller won’t kick on. Currently my tank is 14 degrees higher than what it’s set to, but it’s still not kicking on. The fuse is still good and the green light is staying solid after blinking for a while, but no luck. From what I can remember, it was working just fine yesterday

OP
OP
Ellie85

Ellie85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the flow from the pump that feeds the skimmer?
The flow from the pump is good. I can hear the pump working and there is water coming out through the tube attached to the output for the chiller.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello y’all! I’ve had a Mini Arctica chiller for a little over two years now. Last night the pump was making a bunch of noise, so I unplugged it and my chiller to look at in the morning. This morning when I plugged it back in, everything turned on fine, except the chiller won’t kick on. Currently my tank is 14 degrees higher than what it’s set to, but it’s still not kicking on. The fuse is still good and the green light is staying solid after blinking for a while, but no luck. From what I can remember, it was working just fine yesterday

Check for build up of hair and dust bunnies in the condensing unit. If it is plugged up, or the cooling fan not running it will not work.

rsumner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some things I would suggest you check:
  • I think there's also a fuse that can blow on the JBJ units, so you may want to check that on the back of the unit. I'm not sure if the fuse controls the entire thing or just the compressor.
  • Does the thermostat on the chiller match the temps you're reading from the tank?
  • Solid green LED indicates that it's "not cooling". If the thermostat on the chiller is out of wack, then it will never trigger the compressor to come on. You may also want to check what temp you have it set to kick on -- it may have reset to factory default.
JBJ chillers include a 2-year warranty, but sounds like you may be just shy over that. Regardless, I would still reach out to their support if checking the things above don't help.

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some things I would suggest you check:
  • I think there's also a fuse that can blow on the JBJ units, so you may want to check that on the back of the unit. I'm not sure if the fuse controls the entire thing or just the compressor.
  • Does the thermostat on the chiller match the temps you're reading from the tank?
  • Solid green LED indicates that it's "not cooling". If the thermostat on the chiller is out of wack, then it will never trigger the compressor to come on. You may also want to check what temp you have it set to kick on -- it may have reset to factory default.
JBJ chillers include a 2-year warranty, but sounds like you may be just shy over that. Regardless, I would still reach out to their support if checking the things above don't help.
Is there a factory reset ?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back