Arduino to kessil either iota or k link

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As title suggests, interested in Arduino controlling kessil a360x. Has anyone done this? Anyone know of the k link protocol or how to wirelessly talk to them via iota?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As title suggests, interested in Arduino controlling kessil a360x. Has anyone done this? Anyone know of the k link protocol or how to wirelessly talk to them via iota?

The subject is a bit misleading. Kessil IOTA is for Neptune connectivity. I've not read anyone using an Arduino to control the Kessil lights. You have to use the wireless dongle, hardwired controller (spectral contoller x), or if you have an Apex then use the wireless dongle with iota. Other than that you have the two nobs for intensity / color.

As I noted I'm not aware of other methods but then again not current on what DIY are doing.

OP
OP
GK3

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The subject is a bit misleading. Kessil IOTA is for Neptune connectivity. I've not read anyone using an Arduino to control the Kessil lights. You have to use the wireless dongle, hardwired controller (spectral contoller x), or if you have an Apex then use the wireless dongle with iota. Other than that you have the two nobs for intensity / color.

As I noted I'm not aware of other methods but then again not current on what DIY are doing.
Iota is an industrial protocol. It’s not invented by Neptune or kessil, it’s just what they use to talk.

Thus if you know what they are saying through the protocol, you could mimic. This would be a DIY thing which is why I’m asking.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iota is an industrial protocol. It’s not invented by Neptune or kessil, it’s just what they use to talk.

Thus if you know what they are saying through the protocol, you could mimic. This would be a DIY thing which is why I’m asking.

Maybe you are mixing up the protocol. IOTA is Neptune's internet of things aquarium and a closed system. Shared with partnered manufacturers.

Of course maybe there is more behind the scene so reach out to support and see what you can find out.

OP
OP
GK3

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Maybe you are mixing up the protocol. IOTA is Neptune's internet of things aquarium and a closed system. Shared with partnered manufacturers.

Of course maybe there is more behind the scene so reach out to support and see what you can find out.
I believe Neptune is using IOTA and making their communication proprietary, but it’s not them creating IOTA. It’s like me using a USB interface with my own proprietary language. I didn’t invent USB.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe Neptune is using IOTA and making their communication proprietary, but it’s not them creating IOTA. It’s like me using a USB interface with my own proprietary language. I didn’t invent USB.

I understand protocols. I've written many a program in assembly going back to VAX 7500 systems. I'm just suggesting that you reach out to Neptune so you are not barking up the wrong tree.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 151 43.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 121 35.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 52 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back