Apex Profile For Kessil is possible

Gaoweihd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I just linked up my Apex with Kessil lights using IOTA today. I know some folks say IOTA isn't as solid as the official Kessil App, but I really wanted a quick 'display' button to tweak the light spectrum and intensity when I'm chilling by my tank for a bit.

Turns out, it wasn't as easy as I thought. I stumbled upon an old post saying you can't do this since Neptune doesn't support Kessil profiles. With that in mind I played around with the profiles a bit and luckly I found that the Radion profile could be used for my Kessil lights with some hack. Here's how I matched them up:

Radion -> Kessel
Blue -> Green
White -> purple
Royal blue -> red
Warm white -> blue
Violet -> White

Sharing this in case anyone else is looking to do something similar. Happy tank watching! ✨

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I just linked up my Apex with Kessil lights using IOTA today. I know some folks say IOTA isn't as solid as the official Kessil App, but I really wanted a quick 'display' button to tweak the light spectrum and intensity when I'm chilling by my tank for a bit.

Turns out, it wasn't as easy as I thought. I stumbled upon an old post saying you can't do this since Neptune doesn't support Kessil profiles. With that in mind I played around with the profiles a bit and luckly I found that the Radion profile could be used for my Kessil lights with some hack. Here's how I matched them up:

Radion -> Kessel
Blue -> Green
White -> purple
Royal blue -> red
Warm white -> blue
Violet -> White

Sharing this in case anyone else is looking to do something similar. Happy tank watching! ✨
Amazing!!

OP
OP
Gaoweihd

Gaoweihd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Kessil iota integration was a huge quality of life improvement for most users. The wifi app and physical controller are wonky.

I've personally not used them or tried it but I thought you can select schemes / discover in Fusion.

Edit: can't say I've experienced any disconnects.

1703043126103.png

drblank1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used @Gaoweihd Radion Profile settings to setup my Kessil for photo graphs (100% white only). Works perfectly. So I started thinking, I use Apex switch inputs control common functions that I do every day. One thing I do daily is prune/adjust/clean my fuge. But its on a reverse light schedule so its off during the day.

I have the AI Fuge light connected via the MXM module. I haven't been able to figure out how to use a toggle switch to turn on the white lights only during the day when I'm doing my daily husbandry without scrolling through the Fusion interface and toggling the slider. It would be nice just to flip a toggle switch. Thanks to @Gaoweihd, I figured it out. I played with the Radion Profile setup and found the following works with the AI Fuge Light:

Radion - AI Fuge
White = White
Blue = Violet
Royal Blue = Red (4 red LEDS)
Red = Deep Red (6 red LEDS)

Ramp and interval work perfectly as well.

I set the "white" to 100 and the rest to 0 and voila, it works.

I wonder how many other lights and pumps would work with the Neptune Profiles? :thinking-face:

Below is the Neptune Fusion AI Fuge lighting controls when connected via the MXM module.
FugeLt.JPG

Last edited:

drblank1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Kessil iota integration was a huge quality of life improvement for most users. The wifi app and physical controller are wonky.

I've personally not used them or tried it but I thought you can select schemes / discover in Fusion.

Edit: can't say I've experienced any disconnects.

1703043126103.png
I have 2 Kessils on my display tank using the IOTA connection. No connection issues here as well. Has worked flawlessly for the past year.

OP
OP
Gaoweihd

Gaoweihd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex Kessil iota just doens't work reliable for me. It seems the issue lies with the Kessil wifi dongle. Based on what I've observed, the Kessil app couldn't detect the light when they are on different wifi channels of the same router. My home wifi is a 3-router mesh wifi system with multiple channels (2.5G, 5G and 6G), and I guess that mess up with the Kessil <> Apex iota connection.

I'm currently planning a new build and I might go with Radion. MXM connection should be more reliable than iota which relies on the router.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back