Are Acans the most aggressive LPS

divewsharks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My acan echinatas are definitely kept apart from my acan lords and other corals, those things are brutal. I've had them kill lords, rhodactis and zoas; anything within a few inches. Never have my echinatas lost a battle, accidental or on purpose.

OP
OP
Tab28

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yet another enchinata battle but on the opposite side of the tank. This time with a jaguar enchinata and a favia, I thought the favia was a micromusa when I first got till I saw the sweepers. The faivia sent out its sweepers which hold a punch but they just drift hoping to hit the target. Well they did and the jaguar got the sweepers in its mouth and started to eat them. It also started to expand it's body to follow the sweeper to it's origin. When I saw this it made 2" trip along the sweepers. I broke the battle up and favia lost its sweepers. Pound for pound these guys are masters at warfare. The do not just send sweepers out to drift in the current hoping to hit a target. They wait until they drifting target hits them then pounce. If they get bored of with the air show they send out ground troops to sneak up on the enemy, true killers.

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 69 52.3%
  • NO

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back