Are bubble tip anemones supposed to be aggressive eaters???

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I have a question that may be dumb but its something i need to know. So basically i have a green bubble tip in my tank that eats really quick! Ive only had it for 2 weeks so im pretty new to feeding nems. I feed it a small piece of shrimp every 3 days or so and every time i feed it i realise the nem literally touches the piece of shrimp and the shrimp is gone! Maybe 4 seconds and the shrimp has disappeared. The moment the shrimp touches one of the tips, the nem pulls it in and devours it. I wanna know if its normal or not because ive watched people feeding bubbletips and they dont eat as fast as mine. Is mine just really hungry or on some drug lol. Like i see videos of people giving a bta piece of shrimp and it slowly eats it but mine downs it in less than 5 secs lol. Thanks in advance guys

OP
OP
J

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh i thought mine was really really hungry or something so was wondering if i should feed it more often or something. How often do you feed yours? I heard some say every 2 days and some say biweekly and some say every month.

hijinks7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have good lights they can live off the light for the most part. The more you feed the larger they will get very quickly and maybe split. No one really knows why they split.. is it well feed and healthy or bad water so they are trying to save themselves? No one really knows

I had a rainbow nem that I'd trade for frags so I'd feed 3-4 times a week if I wanted it to split. If I wanted to keep it the same size I'd feed maybe twice a month.

OP
OP
J

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have good lights they can live off the light for the most part. The more you feed the larger they will get very quickly and maybe split. No one really knows why they split.. is it well feed and healthy or bad water so they are trying to save themselves? No one really knows

I had a rainbow nem that I'd trade for frags so I'd feed 3-4 times a week if I wanted it to split. If I wanted to keep it the same size I'd feed maybe twice a month.
Noted

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed mine every few months, I don't want it to grow too fast or split. When I want it to split to give to a friend, i feed it every few days and it will usually split in a week or so.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine get fed krill Daily. Along with whatever the clowns bring to it. So mine get well fed. I can say they are always happy and full though. I actually had an Anemone split and the clone wander into a cave for a week to 10 days. Came out faded but healthy. He is making a great recovery with the feedings. More than I would have ever expected.
IMG_0612.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back