Are Dottybacks normally cave dwellers?

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2018
Messages
1,341
Reaction score
1,955
Location
Hallandale Beach, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a Electric Indigo Dottyback and a Canary Blenny yesterday. The Blenny was swimming freely on one side of the tank but the Electric Indigo Dottyback immediately found a small hole inside my Marco rock and this morning I could his head sticking out of this small opening and every once in a while he darts out but then quickly goes back inside, he must of found a tiny cave to hangout in. :)

Are Dottybacks normally cave dwellers?
 
They hide and sleep in holes. It will come out once it gets comfortable with the new home.

I found it amazing that he found this tiny hole in the rock in a matter of minutes of being added to the tank and disappeared until this morning. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new