Are dwarf angels worth the risk?

Haydn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Beauty I would trust with SPS, softies but not fleshy LPS

Lemonpeel definite no for SPS, fleshy LPS, may be OK with mushrooms, and noxious corals but will eat zoas.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I guess there’s always going to be a risk regardless (for those who keep mixed reefs) but I think these fish are too pretty to neglect altogether. How would you rate the Rusty, the pygmy Angels, Multicolor, Half Black and Eibli with regards to them nipping corals?

Haydn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I guess there’s always going to be a risk regardless (for those who keep mixed reefs) but I think these fish are too pretty to neglect altogether. How would you rate the Rusty, the pygmy Angels, Multicolor, Half Black and Eibli with regards to them nipping corals?
I'm sorry I do not have personal experience of the one you have named so I feel I can't comment, except to say a friend had a pair of Multicolour angels in a large SPS tank with as far as I am aware no real issues.

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Flame Angels but can't risk my high end corals :(

I am going to start a fish only tank just because I must have Flame Angels. Are you able to mix Flame angels with lemon peel, coral beauty, and potter?

kchristensen8064

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a coral beauty for 3 years, it is a model citizen that has never picked at corals, or my inverts. First fish in the tank and has been an absolutely great and beautiful fish.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Flame Angels but can't risk my high end corals :(

I am going to start a fish only tank just because I must have Flame Angels. Are you able to mix Flame angels with lemon peel, coral beauty, and potter?
Why not put in low-end corals with them? There are some really lovely ones out there.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate these threads! They always renew my desire for a bicolor angel.....I will resist, I will resist, I will resist! :D :p ;Smuggrin

Thanks guys!

Haydn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate these threads! They always renew my desire for a bicolor angel.....I will resist, I will resist, I will resist! :D :p ;Smuggrin

Thanks guys!
OHH!! Bicolour I adore them, I have always wanted to try and pair them. I just hadn't found the right fish. The problem is now I'm not sure how they would fit in with the pairs of lemonpeels, Coral beauties and the Majestics

Do not resist!!! :D :D ;)

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OHH!! Bicolour I adore them, I have always wanted to try and pair them. I just hadn't found the right fish. The problem is now I'm not sure how they would fit in with the pairs of lemonpeels, Coral beauties and the Majestics

You are able to mix different angels? How big is your tank?

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wow you paired all of those? Any tips on pairing angels?

WRB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just lost my Coral Beauty, best I can determine my Koran harassed him until the stress got to him but no obvious injuries and I only saw attitude towards him for the first few days. All was good and everyone were buddies and eating. Never had issues with them over the last 3 decdes so was surprised this guy only lasted a month.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since these threads inevitably end up making the same points as all the others I’ll repeat myself also. The reef safeness of dwarf angels is mostly about the reefer. If you’re going to freak out at the first sign of nipping, don’t get one. If you are more sanguine about nipping ... then they’re awesome. Lemonpeel will ‘test’ you though.

sskelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the process of stocking my 150 gallon reef. I really want a dwarf angel. Specifically a coral beauty or lemon peel. I don’t want issues down the road of nipping at my corals though. I also have a juvenile chocolate tang so would it not be a good idea if I did decide to go with a lemon peel angel? Thanks in advance!
95F1FDF4-A789-4937-9B3A-C58D1901C005.jpeg

This is my juvenile emperor angel. I was told to keep an eye out on him snacking on soft corals. I currently have 2 Xenia colonies hammer coral and Zoas and he leaves them alone. However, I constantly keep him fed. Small portions through out the day.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Bicolor angel in my fowler. He was such a bully I bought a trap and gave him away. He picked on my angler and fuzzy lionfish. I think I'm done unless there are less aggressive dwarf angels

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I auto feed pellets and something else don't remember off the top of my head. During the day and at night after work I just throw in a cube of frozen mysus shrimp. So never had a problem with my coral beauty.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back