OP
RichyRich50

RichyRich50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 of the aquamaxx biopellet reactors, I converted both to algae reactors. Biopellets did not work for me. I suggest doing alot of research before you pull the trigger on biopellets. You may find more people have bad experiences vs success.

Good to know, I was thinking about getting 2 GFO & Carbon Reactors and one Bio-Pellet Reactor. That would make 3 in total.

Unregistered User

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe for the omega 130? I think for now ill buy this skimmer and upgrade when I get more fish.

Equipment decisions are such a pain in the butt. I just picked my lighting after hours & hours of research, reading, and opinion seeking. At least you're starting out with a luxury model.... must be nice! :)

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People also seem to enjoy toys and equipment, sometimes without really needing or knowing why they are getting it. Is this your first tank? I'd agree that those set ups look real clean and fancy. But what is your goal with the tank? What makes you think you need all those reactors, what are your plans for them?

OP
OP
RichyRich50

RichyRich50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People also seem to enjoy toys and equipment, sometimes without really needing or knowing why they are getting it. Is this your first tank? I'd agree that those set ups look real clean and fancy. But what is your goal with the tank? What makes you think you need all those reactors, what are your plans for them?
Good question, and is not my first tank. I have a 55 now with
2 clowns,
5 inch orange goby,
4inch foxface
8 inch engineer goby
3 inch engineer goby
Purple goby
Flame angel
2 cleaner shrimp
Snals
As you can see is time for an upgrade. As far as the equipment goes. I just want to set it up like the picture In case I need to ever buy the reactors and also I’m just simply asking to acquire knowledge. Really, I’m just going to buy the skimmer and see how things go from there.

OP
OP
RichyRich50

RichyRich50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Future plans, I want to add a few more fish and add more coral. Right now i have a few Zoas and pink bubble tips.

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's fair. I tend to ask sometimes because some new people get so caught up in the killer sump pictures and fancy equipment others run, they choose to do so as well. Then when asked why the answer is "because so and so does".

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 43 46.7%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.5%
Back