OP
OP
fishbox

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm willing to wait for one but I'd like to know if they are seasonal so I know when to start looking hard for one

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask your LFS if they can order you one, they may not have them because they have had difficulty selling them lately or thought that nobody wanted them.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed also that there are different varieties... maybe color differences based upon geographic location harvested. But it's really hard to find pictures of each different kind... many places, like Liveaquaria, sell them from Fiji, Africa, Indonesia, Moldives,etc... but show the same pic for all of them. But there are diffetent colors! Im looking for a specific color pattern and hesitant to purchase online without seeing the exact color fish I'm getting.

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed also that there are different varieties... maybe color differences based upon geographic location harvested. But it's really hard to find pictures of each different kind... many places, like Liveaquaria, sell them from Fiji, Africa, Indonesia, Moldives,etc... but show the same pic for all of them. But there are diffetent colors! Im looking for a specific color pattern and hesitant to purchase online without seeing the exact color fish I'm getting.
The only two I have ever seen are the Yellow and Peach varieties, I know they have a stress pattern and such like most blennies do. What are the other patterns?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only two I have ever seen are the Yellow and Peach varieties, I know they have a stress pattern and such like most blennies do. What are the other patterns?

I've seen all yellow, orange-ish yellow with a blue eye (which is the color I'm looking for), and a blue midas blenny. That's all I've found researching so far.

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a blue variation. Any of the variations that are yellow/orange based, are based on diet, water quality, lighting, and aggression.
Interesting... The blue variety is quite the stunner!
5617379095_a3bfa2e5dc.jpg

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn...every time I look, they are out of stock!
Are you set up for divers den sneak peek alert emails/divers den alert emails? They send em out right when they update their stock and if you buy it right then you'll likely get it. I could have purchased 5 in the past 2 months probably

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Literally just got a sneak peek one. They tell you what they are planning on posting before the update email. Everything doesn't always make it in but if you see a midas in there you will know to be ready to purchase quick once you get the update email

98d88cb694057ee4fa1ed8f47208a3c1.jpg

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Literally just got a sneak peek one. They tell you what they are planning on posting before the update email. Everything doesn't always make it in but if you see a midas in there you will know to be ready to purchase quick once you get the update email

98d88cb694057ee4fa1ed8f47208a3c1.jpg
There is supposed to be a midas in the next update. So sign up for the alert email and keep that credit card handy!

Back