Are my clowns paired?

cnjcpb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I bought 2 tiny clowns yesterday. Hansel and Gretel. They were both in the same tank at the store and didn’t seem to be bullying one another. One is slightly bigger than the other. There was a little bit of aggression yesterday after I put them in my tank. However, they stick together non-stop. They even slept next to each other. Does this mean they are paired or are they still too young. I am assuming they are young because of their size. See video.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They like each other. They ate friends. They will hang around eachother. They came from what sounds like same harem at the fish store. So I don't if we can say they are paired but they probably will pair up in the future at this rate. As you said they are very young but everything you see is good signs.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably too early to tell. Sometimes your method works some times it results in a death or fish having to be removed later. I'm not a fan of adding two at a time and hoping one transitions to female without too much violence. I prefer to add a single clown and transition to female then I add the smallest male I can find. I'm no expert but have paired ocellaris, clarkii, and maroons using this method with 100% success.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back