Are my parameters okay?

milamlucas52

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2023
Messages
16
Reaction score
4
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 and a half months in with my first tank. 13.5 Fluval evo.

After I cycled the tank I slowly added a couple fish and coral.

2 clowns
Neon goby
CUC

2 zoanthid
1 Frogspawn

my parameters are

Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-40
ph- 7.8
Alkalinity- 8.3
Calcium- 370
Phosphate- 0

I know those aren’t amazing but how can I get them to where they need to be? I want to have more coral. Fluval marine 3.0 light. I appreciate any feedback!
 
2 and a half months in with my first tank. 13.5 Fluval evo.

After I cycled the tank I slowly added a couple fish and coral.

2 clowns
Neon goby
CUC

2 zoanthid
1 Frogspawn

my parameters are

Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-40
ph- 7.8
Alkalinity- 8.3
Calcium- 370
Phosphate- 0

I know those aren’t amazing but how can I get them to where they need to be? I want to have more coral. Fluval marine 3.0 light. I appreciate any feedback!
What test kits are you using?
Desired ranges:
Ammonia- <.025
Nitrate <20
Alk 8-11
Ca. 400-450
Mag 1300-1350
Temp 77-79
Ph 8.0-8.4
 
Thanks! I used Saliferts for these tests. So will my parameters that are off usually improve with time as the tank becomes more established or should I be doing anything extra to help out? Was told by lfs not to do first water change for 3 months so in a week or two I’ll probably be doing my first water change.
 
Thanks! I used Saliferts for these tests. So will my parameters that are off usually improve with time as the tank becomes more established or should I be doing anything extra to help out? Was told by lfs not to do first water change for 3 months so in a week or two I’ll probably be doing my first water change.
WC will help to bring down the no3.
I would start now. What's your plan? IMO, 10% weekly is a good place to start.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new