Are Spirobidid worms are problem in a tank

Johnic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these Spirobidid worms growing all over my tank and sump. It sucks that they are growing on my Coraline as well and pumps. I heard they are good for filtration but I’m not liking the potential issue they might cause.

Should I be concerned - see pic.

IMG_3840.jpeg

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefing community is divided into two camps:
  • Those who love spirobids
  • those who hate them
Either way there’s no easy way to get rid of them, however as tank matures, they will be slowly replaced by other creatures, so it is another phase which will most probably resolves in few months. Meanwhile just clean your powerheads in. Vinegar or citric acid solution now and then and scrape spirobids of the glass.
One of my smaller tanks was full of them once, now I can only find them under the rocks.

OP
OP
J

Johnic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefing community is divided into two camps:
  • Those who love spirobids
  • those who hate them
Either way there’s no easy way to get rid of them, however as tank matures, they will be slowly replaced by other creatures, so it is another phase which will most probably resolves in few months. Meanwhile just clean your powerheads in. Vinegar or citric acid solution now and then and scrape spirobids of the glass.
One of my smaller tanks was full of them once, now I can only find them under the rocks.
Interesting that they eventually go away. That’s for the info. I just don’t like how they are growing over the coraline

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 111 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 123 47.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 24 9.3%
Back