Are there any compatibility concerns for a foxface?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know this is really broad, but is there any kind of fish, coral, or invert that a foxface doesn't get along with? What's been your experience with these guys?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to handle these fish with my (vertebrate) hands when I moved them about. Never had an issue with the spines!
Same with my reef tank. I have one now and it is fairly docile towards other fishes and I have never seen one that swam around looking to dorsal strike tankmates. They seem to understand that they can badly wound people and other fish and they don't let their "nueclear weapon" dictate how they carry themselves about in life.
They do not nip at corals, ime, they have been model tank citizens for me.

Mflores888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once went on vacation for a week, my fox face is used to getting fed 2-3 times a day. My cousin was only feeding him once a day.

Came back home and this little **** ate 3 trachys, and they were not the basic green or red one's, no he ate the multicolor large boys. Worst of all he only ate half of them, but boy did his color turn up to a deeper orange.

Didn't keep any meat corals for some time, recently I added a few and he is ignoring them since he is getting fed a lot. So would I say they are 100% reef safe? No, it's possible they will eat the meat of some of your meatier corals

Back