Are there any Digital Nitrate readers available?

Thank you for the advice everyone. Going to speak with Hanna and see if I can get some free reagents. I’ll start testing same time every day and averaging over a week to get more consistent results. I’ll also try the older ones and see what the deal is. It was fluctuating from 0-20/25ppm.

In addition:
1. Make sure there aren't bubbles in the tube when taking your reference measurement
2. Make sure there aren't any smudges/oils/fingerprints on the cuvette for either measurement
3. Try to keep the cuvette in the same position during both measurements -- I like to position it so I can read the writing on the cuvette before I insert it into the checker.
4. Make sure you're getting all the reagent out -- cut off 2 sides and push the sides of the packet in to create a funnel before dumping it into the cuvette.
 
In addition:
1. Make sure there aren't bubbles in the tube when taking your reference measurement
2. Make sure there aren't any smudges/oils/fingerprints on the cuvette for either measurement
3. Try to keep the cuvette in the same position during both measurements -- I like to position it so I can read the writing on the cuvette before I insert it into the checker.
4. Make sure you're getting all the reagent out -- cut off 2 sides and push the sides of the packet in to create a funnel before dumping it into the cuvette.
This is exactly why I dont like using these hanna testers :face-with-tears-of-joy: Noted though I will make sure I reread these before testing again.
 
Last edited:
This is exactly why I dont like using these hanna testers :face-with-tears-of-joy: Noted though I will make sure I reread these before testing again.

They're better than trying to determine if the sample is "pink" or "pink" :face-with-tears-of-joy:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new