Are there any Digital Nitrate readers available?

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the advice everyone. Going to speak with Hanna and see if I can get some free reagents. I’ll start testing same time every day and averaging over a week to get more consistent results. I’ll also try the older ones and see what the deal is. It was fluctuating from 0-20/25ppm.

In addition:
1. Make sure there aren't bubbles in the tube when taking your reference measurement
2. Make sure there aren't any smudges/oils/fingerprints on the cuvette for either measurement
3. Try to keep the cuvette in the same position during both measurements -- I like to position it so I can read the writing on the cuvette before I insert it into the checker.
4. Make sure you're getting all the reagent out -- cut off 2 sides and push the sides of the packet in to create a funnel before dumping it into the cuvette.

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition:
1. Make sure there aren't bubbles in the tube when taking your reference measurement
2. Make sure there aren't any smudges/oils/fingerprints on the cuvette for either measurement
3. Try to keep the cuvette in the same position during both measurements -- I like to position it so I can read the writing on the cuvette before I insert it into the checker.
4. Make sure you're getting all the reagent out -- cut off 2 sides and push the sides of the packet in to create a funnel before dumping it into the cuvette.
This is exactly why I dont like using these hanna testers :face-with-tears-of-joy: Noted though I will make sure I reread these before testing again.

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 39 39.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back