Are there two versions of Ocean Nutrition flakes?

Leaellynasaura

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to figure out if there is a Chinese knock off version that does not have the flag and if that explains why it is cheaper.

formula.png

edit:

The plot thickens:

Flag version has country of origin as USA and Ocean Nutrition as the manufacturer:

flag.PNG

No flag version does not list country and a dubious manufacturer:

noflag.PNG

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They are different model numbers. They are not made by the same company, That said - they have a better amazon ranking than the ocean nutrition brand. My GUESS is that this is the ocean nutrition sales for outside the USA. There is also a Spanish version. Pro-Motion sells other Ocean nutrition products as well (with the flag on the label).
I am trying to figure out if there is a Chinese knock off version that does not have the flag and if that explains why it is cheaper.

formula.png

edit:

The plot thickens:

Flag version has country of origin as USA and Ocean Nutrition as the manufacturer:

flag.PNG

noflag.PNG

Ocean Nutrion USA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

formula.png

edit:

The plot thickens:

flag.PNG

noflag.PNG
Hello

That appears to be an old image the vendor is using. Any product not containing the Made in The USA logo being offered in the USA is now expired. Our flake foods have been made in the USA for approximately 10 years now.

The model number the vendor is using is made up by them and does not relate to our product numbers or brand. The number you would want to look at for verification is the UPC. The UPC for 2.5 oz (70 grams) Formula Two Flakes is 098731255356.

The ingredients and analysis shown in the listing are also incorrect as we replaced all synthetic colors and preservatives in our flake foods with natural alternatives 7+ years ago.
098731255356.PTO2.jpg
098731255356.PTO1.jpg
098731255356.MAIN.jpg

Thank you

Ocean Nutrition Americas

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello

That appears to be an old image the vendor is using. Any product not containing the Made in The USA logo being offered in the USA is now expired. Our flake foods have been made in the USA for approximately 10 years now.

The model number the vendor is using is made up by them and does not relate to our product numbers or brand. The number you would want to look at for verification is the UPC. The UPC for 2.5 oz (70 grams) Formula Two Flakes is 098731255356.

The ingredients and analysis shown in the listing are also incorrect as we replaced all synthetic colors and preservatives in our flake foods with natural alternatives 7+ years ago.
098731255356.PTO2.jpg
098731255356.PTO1.jpg
098731255356.MAIN.jpg

Thank you

Ocean Nutrition Americas
Awesome - any hints - when this comes up (and it does often) - how to spot a fake?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 104 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 80 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.7%
Back